swelling

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
got another one for yall.i was driving without the thermistat because 3 weeks ago i put bars gasket fix into my radiator "which i will never do again" because i did'nt get all that crap out of my cooling system and i was worried that by putting the thermistat back would clog it up.well i put it in and i poped the hood and the upper hose was very swollen.no the hose did'nt look like this till after i put the thermistat back into the thermistat housing.I'm thinking that some of the crap that i did'nt get out is blocking the themistat.what do you pros think. sincerly dumb-::dunce:: ass

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
I think you need a new hose(definitely wouldn't hurt...). Might change the bottom one while you're at it.

Could also be the system is over-pressurizing, which could be caused by a malfunctioning radiator cap, or the radiator is plugged up, not letting enough coolant through.

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
cuel;919873 said:
I think you need a new hose(definitely wouldn't hurt...). Might change the bottom one while you're at it.

Could also be the system is over-pressurizing, which could be caused by a malfunctioning radiator cap, or the radiator is plugged up, not letting enough coolant through.
well i bought a new one and some steam came from the bottom area around the radiator,it did'nt do this till after i put the thermistat in,so if i had enuff common sence it would tell me that the system needs to be flushed.Thank GOD that she does'nt over heat.I'll get her flushed this friday and let you know how that went.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
supraman508;920094 said:
well i bought a new one and some steam came from the bottom area around the radiator,it did'nt do this till after i put the thermistat in,so if i had enuff common sence it would tell me that the system needs to be flushed.Thank GOD that she does'nt over heat.I'll get her flushed this friday and let you know how that went.

I would pull the lower hose off water pump..wrap a rag around end of garden hose.. shove in tighten clamp and then turn on full blast...then jump up and down on hose... the suden blast of water helps loosen stuf up. and yes you need to go threw the LOWER hose... that way you are BACK flushing it..

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
HommerSimpson;920100 said:
I would pull the lower hose off water pump..wrap a rag around end of garden hose.. shove in tighten clamp and then turn on full blast...then jump up and down on hose... the suden blast of water helps loosen stuf up. and yes you need to go threw the LOWER hose... that way you are BACK flushing it..

Thanks for the idea.