swapping ct26 exhaust housings

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
i have two ct26 turbos right now one has a little shaft play one has a little to no shaft play. the better one has a crack through the wastegate port. can i simply unbolt and swap the two turbine houseings as long as the seal bores are the same diameter? can i do this without replacing the rear seal. ive taken a ct26 apart with mdc before i just dont have the answer to this question

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you just want to swap one turbine housing with another that is identical?

No problems there. :) Just be careful removing them!

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Not sure what you are refering to about "seal bore" unless you are just refering to the contact area between the bearing housing and turbine housing and if that is the case, yes they are the same... As for as I know, toyota only has 1 bearing housing for the CT26 and 2 or 3 different turbine housings and thus all are 100% interchangable.

Anyways, you should have no problem doing what you are wanting to do.

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
yup jon called me back and aggreed swaping isnt a problem and i dont have to replace the rear seal as long as im careful

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
yup just got it done. it took some heating of the joint to get them to seperate then i had to heat just the turbine housing to get it to slip on be sure to clean the carbon off of both sides and use a little antiseize