suspension set up

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
well just wondering if h&r , tokicos, and a set of st sway bars?? i want to keep my tems option because i like the feature of changing from stiff to soft. but i was wondering the ride on the h&r and also the ride on the sway bars.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
You're wondering if what?

I still haven't measured the ST bars, hopefully this week, so I can't say anything about them. The H&R's seem like decent springs, a little stiffer than others and they will go lower. I would need to double check on the rates before I could give you any kind of answer and even then I don't know anything about the valving on the Tokicos to say how well they will work together.

And ride depends more on the dampers than on the springs or sway bars. Sway bars should not affect the ride at all unless the sway bar is not freely rotating in the bushings or the bar has any preload. But under pitch and heave, both ends of the sway bar should be moving the same amount and in the same direction which means no moment about the bar and therefore no force.

Tim

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Sorry to thread jack but what would be a nice combo just for daily driving. I want to to with H&R and Tokico but not sure yet, i definitely would want to go H&R since it is lowered, but shocks can be something else.

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
on the sway bars, you'll want aftermarket endlinks and you'll need to reinforce the sway bar tabs on the rear control arms. i hear good things about BIC endlinks. My A-1 racing endlinks were kinda shortish.

TEMS is neat, but you wont hurt yourself getting rid of it. if anything, Tokico Illumina II's cost like 400+ a set last time i looked, and that plus springs and you are looking at the same cost as a cheap set of coilovers. I personally didn't like the suspension changing stiffness unexpectedly. I have nothing but good things to say about my TEIN HA coilovers. i dial down the damping, and its as comfortable as can be, but i can crank it up for the track whenever i want (and it makes a BIG difference. I KNOW if i forgot to dial it back down :D)

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
^^^^ yeah i was looking at a set of tein HA's but i just didnt want to spend that much even tho its still cheapier. but i just got my tokicos for 350shipped and im thinking of getting a set of eibach instead considering that i dont want to bottom out on my drive way. also these eibach springs are costing me 130:) haha so yeah its now on what sway bars to go for??

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Bottom out what? The car on the ground? The suspension?

What are you doing with the car? Just daily driving? Then save the money and keep the stock sway bars. If you're doing more with the car, I would say sell the stuff you just installed and get something better.

Or just buy whatever sway bars you find cheapest somewhere.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
oops bottoming out. well for now its going to be a daily until next summer when i'll have the money to pick up some coilovers.

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
If you have good roads, eibachs should be fine. here on alabama roads, my eibach springs were FTL (of course, i have me teins set to bout the same height atm :shrug: i have to be verry careful on speedbumps :) my car is almost as bad as these old skool vee-dubs scraping around)