Supra spring meeting in the netherlands/germany

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
So we decided on a spring meeting near the German border where there is no speed limit.
First we met at a house of one of our members, we drove to the border to gather with all the other cars and we raced a bit on the autobahn.
After that we did a nice tour in the netherlands with some quick stops for beer and photo's.

In the end we had a BBQ and after that everyone went home.

The MKIV supras are all 400+hp, the blue ones with even more power (single turbo) but I don't have the exact numbers with me right now.
Black MKIII supra is stock, and (my) the blue MKIII supra has a 62-1 trim ct26 turbo, also 400+hp.
Miata's are stock and so is the Audi Quattro. (but quite fast nonetheless)

The camera is not really up to date, but it did the job for the day. Hope you'll like the video.

[video=youtube;eOSNJTul4QY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOSNJTul4QY[/video]

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Looks like it was a lot of fun, I only wish we had sections of unrestricted highways... I know I could make it to Vegas in 4.5 hours if left alone by the highway patrol.

Question for you though, are trucks (lorries?) restricted from the left most lanes on the autobahns?

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
@TE72, in Germany the truck may overtake one another unless there is some restriction on a specific piece of road. (designated by road signs).
While there is no speed restriction for normal cars and motorcycles on most of the freeways (autobahn) in Germany, trucks/lorries can only go 80KM/H maximum on most roads and some bigger vehicles like busses can get an exception so they can go 100KM/H

MKIII FTW : Thanks :)

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
te72;1844766 said:
Question for you though, are trucks (lorries?) restricted from the left most lanes on the autobahns?
As thevork already stated, lorries are indeed not restricted from the leftmost lanes most of the time. However, it is compulsory for all vehicles to use the rightmost lanes whenever possible. Which obviously doesn't keep lorry drivers from doing "elephant races" where allowed, or some dorks in passenger cars from planting themselves at 75mph on the left lanes no matter if someone's coming from behind with 160mph.
I guess Toyota gave us a slotted front spoiler with air ducts for cooling down the front brakes on '91+ models for a reason :nono:
Still, the stock brakes usually need some upgrading for spirited driving on the 'bahn.

thevork:
Next time, feel free to post on the german supra forum (www.supra-forum.de) when you're doing a meet :)
This past weekend, there were meets in Northern Germany and in Switzerland (with 32 Supras, including mine) as well.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Hi Encomiast, a little silly of me to forget to post our meeting on the german board. I'm a member there for years and read there from time to time, but almost never post there.
I will crosspost this movie over there and maybe some pictures? Would be cool to have an international meeting sometime. :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Good to know guys, I didn't realize trucks had such low speed limits there. I can't imagine anyone being dumb enough to do 75mph in the fast lane on an unrestricted highway, that just seems like you're asking to have your rear seat crammed up your rear end...