Super Charged NA

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Question though... why? From what I can tell, it's not completely hooked up, but even then... something seems odd to me. Aren't superchargers generally mounted to the intake side of the engine, and suck in/compress air, then right into the intake of the head?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Not even hooked up from te looks of it. Seems like it will get really hot next to the exhaust like that too. Tho that's prolly the cheapest way of supercharging the na other than a procharger.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I bet it would actually sound good when it is done... I get a bit of noise through the amp that comes through the speakers, RPM dependent, and it gives my car a bit of a supercharged sound (at least on the inside of the car). :)

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
te72;1858733 said:
I bet it would actually sound good when it is done... I get a bit of noise through the amp that comes through the speakers, RPM dependent, and it gives my car a bit of a supercharged sound (at least on the inside of the car). :)

Lol. Your power wires and RCA cords for the amp must running together. They sell a part at most auto parts places and Walmart that eliminate that annoying sound. Unless you REALLY like that damn hum :)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Ground loop isolation, is what I've been told... we fixed the problem with my 88 (same one, different car) by adding a ground to the aftermarket deck, and cleaned up the ground for the amp. I really don't mind, you barely hear it unless you're on a quiet song and the volume is pretty loud. :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Suppressors? My harness was pretty well hacked up when I bought the car. Not quite sure what you might be talking about, but I'm guessing it is an inline filter of some sort? If so, might not have been on my car when I got it...