sudden rich condition, code 11, fixed by EFI reset

Victor Charlie

Supramania Contributor
Aug 18, 2009
Ann Arbor
figgie;1472792 said:
well

disconenct the IAC and see what it does. If the flucutations stop... there you go.make sure you disconnect it when the motor is warm though and prior to stopping the motor.

otherwise you might ahve a leak on the intake runners.

Thanks, I didn't see your post until just now. That makes perfect sense. I'll check it this weekend. I also just found I have a failing fuel pump, if that changes anything. I'll fix that this week.

If you happen to come back to this thread: The rich condition was resolved by backing out the calibration screw on the AFM, but I'm curious why it was necessary to do so. I saw an article on BPU's for the supra that mentioned the car tends to run rich after the basic upgrades, until it is adjusted one way or another. I have trouble understanding how that would happen with more open paths for air flow plus some boost.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I am having similar problems, but I also have no Check Engine Light to test with. Just yesterday, I found that I was not getting ground at the EFI port of my fuse box. My ground wire from the body is good, but I have no ground at that one port. Other fuses do get ground.