subwoofer+room for targa+space for back seat passengers

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
just wondering what everyone's opinion on this box i made is...
p1355709_1.jpg

its ported to 35hz and has 2.5cuft of airspace
i made it so i could have room for a sub without sacrificing my back seats or the targa clips
-i know it needs to be carpeted, havent gotten it it yet

5upra

Jun 4, 2009
San Diego
looks good but can it be easily removed in case you had to get to the spare? and it looks like there is not much room between the hatch, how much clearance to you have?

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
its pretty easily removed, there is about 10in or so between the box and hatch in the shortest spot

5upra

Jun 4, 2009
San Diego
nice, do you have an amp inside there? also wondering about the depth of the sub, the dimension of the box itself able to clear space for the magnet and all?

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
originally the amp was screwed to the bottom, but due to my amp being ancient it was rattling it too much and making it shut off. so its behind the drivers seat on the floor because i want to keep it out of sight(it has seen better days) it could easy be mounted to the box or in the space in front of it.

as for the dimensions of the box, its 30something wide by 20something deep by 7in tall. if you want the exact dimensions i can measure it, just ask.

an alpine E12 only needs 5in depth in the box

5upra

Jun 4, 2009
San Diego
yea i'm wondering the depth above anything else because right now i'm shopping around for these ones which have a mounting depth of 12.75. sounds like i could could work them in an enclosure similar to this despite being so monstrous. is your box in place of the wooded hatch covering the spare or is it resting on top?

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
i removed the piece of wood and the black bracket, if you have a targa that you want to fit back there i dont think you will be able to fit a sub with that depth unless you have a section of the box that extends into the spare tire slot
p1356435_1.jpg

this is not my box and i take no credit for it XD that would be hell to make

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Here is a rear view of mine. Targa fits in nicely over, but no room for a spare. Rebuild trunk deck with heavy duty plywood with sub recessed in about 2 inches. I like the look, and to remove for whatever reason is 4 bolts.

Attachments

• supra 3 31 09 trunk small.jpg
    supra 3 31 09 trunk small.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 52