subaru sti, srt-4>???

91TURBOSUPRA

Apr 2, 2005
ct
well thursday night we usually go out to a hangout spot in yonkers and hang aorund there for a couple mins. and as were going back home one of my friends called me and told me to go to a gas station near my house so we go there with a cuple of friends......and as soon as i get there i see all hondas and a srt-4 n a sti so we sit there and nobody say's anything about running so i go out of the driveway spinnnig the tires and then decide to come back and they tell me the sti wants to run so i said fucked lets go....so we get to the street were they race and i start heating up my tires because i knew i was going to need the traccion on this run....so everyone knows that the sti is going to crush me so we go at it i spin the shit out of the tire on 1st and then 2nd it finally hooks up and were rigth next to each other and booom 3rd and im gone!!!!!!!! so then the srt-4 tells me if i want to run so i said fucked lets run again heated up the tire li more and wow know i had traccion so we go at it and i beat him like by 3-4 cars im like wow!!!! what a night!!!! by the way the sti driver said i had to be runnig more than 20psi...wich i wasent!!!! mods on my car are as follows.........rebuild engine barely has 700 miles on it 20. over pistons port n polish head 3 angle valve job cams ddp downpipe full 3inch exhaust and 8.5psi and my yokohoma"s avs100!!!!!! sorry for the long post but its worthed to me!! :crazy1: :icon_smil

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
hes a 5sp. when he brought his head to the machinist the guy said that the cams that he had were not stock cams, this is a JDM replacement engine. looks like he got lucky. the cams were not measured and the make was not determined.

i believe him. he has no reason to make up a story. i think his wins are a combination of a good running mkiii, and driving skills.

good kills juan.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Who said the other guys driving were any good. I believe you man.

Can't wait for my car to be back together so we could meet up.

Another thing wouldn't you want to break in your motor a little more before you start beating on it. I wouldn't want to see your car go down due to it burning oil because the rings didn't seat right. Wouldn't boost put alot of stress on the rings even if it is just a little more than stock psi. I would take it easy for another 1000 miles or so. I know its hard, but worth it.

Last edited:

91TURBOSUPRA

Apr 2, 2005
ct
well i have no reason to lie for......do u know what a sti runs with a dummmmmm driver????? imgane if an sti runs high 14s with stupid driver what would a srt-4 run???? i think its all in driving skills.....my friend has a lacer evo and ran like 15s!!!!!! u know what i mean....ill try to get the video from my buddy so i could shut all ur mouths up...sorry guys just pisses me off!!

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
15s in a Evo!!!!!!!!! What was he doing driving in reverse? My friend ran a 13.0 with a intake and a ecu reflash in his evo.

See what a bad driver could do in a fast car. Not much.

So why isn't it possible for him to beat those two cars.

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
i wasn't trying to be a dick. but.....
put 2 good drivers in both cars and the sti wins impo.
i just dont like when others just say, ohh the other driver sucked!!
i raced a few when i had a fresh rebuild, 3" exhaust, boost @8 and they got me on the launch every time..
not calling you a liar
congratulations on beating a dummmmmmmm driver!!! :drink1:

SidewayzSupra

Mar 30, 2005
Puyallup
Hey man don't sweat it Ctsupra likes to talk a lot of smack but for some reason you never read about him. Stis can be fast I played with one about two weeks back who(later found out) dynoed at 290AWHP. We pretty much kept neck/neck. I have the same mods as you(new rebiuld) with a few extras and boosting 12.5psi and the Sti couldn't pull from me. He later told me he was very impressed. The Sti had a full 3" turbo back, chipped computer, boosting 20psi. and a few other little things. Anyway nice kill I can't wait to run a Srt-4. I hate those wanabe rice racers. Later-T

91TURBOSUPRA

Apr 2, 2005
ct
thanx sidewaysupra!!!! u bealive me and i do also bealive that u keptupwith that sti!! by the way im not the fastes my buddy has a 05 evo mr and he can drive n launch the deam car and beat the same subaru by good 2-3 cars. ah and i also have another friend that has aem standl, cams, intake, turbo back exhaust, and is making lil bit over 320 to the wheels so both cars have the potential to make good 1/4mile passes BUT THE POINT IS THAT MY DEAM SUPRA BEAT THE SUBI!!!!! DEAM I LIKE MY SUPRA KNOW!!!!

Last edited:

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
You don't hear from me because I have no Mkiii to race in, and I don't post bullshit kills. I've owned four and they've all been sold. Been around mkiii's longer than 3/4 of this board. I know what Mkiii's of all power levels can do (especially stock ones, cause like it or not they're slow) and what they can't. Everytime someone beats a fast car with less than 10 psi or hitting fuel cut everyone screams fucking "he was a bad driver". That in itself is :bsflag: to me.

edit: When ever I have extra money and buy another Mkiii, I'll be posting my kills and defeats with video, and I'll gladly track against anybody on this bboard for fun.

91TURBOSUPRA

Apr 2, 2005
ct
Ahhhhh Here We Go Again........this Is What I Hate About Forums Theres Always Has To Be Some One That Wants To Play Stupid Its Not Even Worthed My Time Explainig Here And There Better Yet Go Buy Ur Self Some Honda Or Something Andtalk Shit About Supras On Honda Tech There U Can Enjoy Ur Self.............. For Me This Is Going To Be The Last Post I Reply Too Good Luck Man!!!