Stress LVL Rising as The JDM motor Goes IN!!

tcd300

Feb 5, 2009
baton rouge
These are the parts the mechanic said i really need to do the 2jzgte (JDM Aristo) swap.

-supra turbo fuel pump inc. stainer, rubber seat and clip - i have a walbro 255 what do i need then?

-supra oem MAF - can't i just use my NA MAF?

-usdm ecu - jdm harness will connect in that but which usdm ecu do i need?

-supra power steering reservior - cant i just use mines?

-supra turbo heater hoses ( 3 pieces + 1 generic hose 1/2")

-sc400 drive shaft and transmission output flange. Also, extra rubber flex coupler

-3" down pipe - cant this be custom?

-custom power steering lines - where do i fine these?

-supra turbo water pump w/housing- sc300 water pump pulley w/supra' turbo pump and housing (smaller that sc300's for clearance)

-supra turbo sway bar w/ end links - supra's oem intercooler piping will not clear sc300's front sway bars. -seriously? well i have an aftermarket intercooler pipeing dose that count?

-supra brak booster vacuum fitting for intake manifold- aristo's intake manifold has a bolt on top of it... toss this and use supra's vaccum booster banjo bolt w/ washers. -the hell where do i find this?

-supra tubo oil return flange, turbo oil return line, return hoses - shit where do i find this? is it really needed?

-supra turbo upper and lower radiator hoses and thermostat housing- why do i need these dont it come with the motor =|

-sc300's a/c compressor is being used. you will need to make a 12VDC. 5A "high sensitivity" relay so your a/c module will communicate correctly with aristo ecu to activate compressor clutch though MGC signal line. - meaning if i have a usdm ecu i have nothing to worry about?

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
tcd300;1249091 said:
These are the parts the mechanic said i really need to do the 2jzgte (JDM Aristo) swap.
-supra turbo fuel pump inc. stainer, rubber seat and clip - i have a walbro 255 what do i need then?
-supra oem MAF - can't i just use my NA MAF?
-usdm ecu - jdm harness will connect in that but which usdm ecu do i need?
-supra power steering reservior - cant i just use mines?
-supra turbo heater hoses ( 3 pieces + 1 generic hose 1/2")
-sc400 drive shaft and transmission output flange. Also, extra rubber flex coupler
-3" down pipe - cant this be custom?
-custom power steering lines - where do i fine these?
-supra turbo water pump w/housing- sc300 water pump pulley w/supra' turbo pump and housing (smaller that sc300's for clearance)
-supra turbo sway bar w/ end links - supra's oem intercooler piping will not clear sc300's front sway bars. -seriously? well i have an aftermarket intercooler pipeing dose that count?
-supra brak booster vacuum fitting for intake manifold- aristo's intake manifold has a bolt on top of it... toss this and use supra's vaccum booster banjo bolt w/ washers. -the hell where do i find this?
-supra tubo oil return flange, turbo oil return line, return hoses - shit where do i find this? is it really needed?
-supra turbo upper and lower radiator hoses and thermostat housing- why do i need these dont it come with the motor =|
-sc300's a/c compressor is being used. you will need to make a 12VDC. 5A "high sensitivity" relay so your a/c module will communicate correctly with aristo ecu to activate compressor clutch though MGC signal line. - meaning if i have a usdm ecu i have nothing to worry about?

1. You'll be fine with a 255lph, not as strong as the stock mkiv, but plenty for stock twins
2&3. If you run the JDM ecu, you wont need a MAF sensor, harness doesnt have provisions for it.
4. You will need a supra resevoir, or just use a custom resevoir.
5. Not sure on this, but new hoses are never a bad thing.
6. Not sure.
7. Yes, you can have a custom DP made for the car, buy you can get already made ones used for a decent price.
8. The 2JZ-GE p/s line will work as well on the GTE
9. You will need the MKIV TT water pump and fan clutch assembly
10. If you are doing custom piping, i dont see how this would be a problem.
11. Not sure.
12. You just need to drill out and tap the holes on the GE oil pan. Same casting as the TT. The JDM motors oil lines will bolt right up.
13. Once again, new hoses cant hurt.
14. Not sure on the a/c