Storage

green

Dec 17, 2007
Toronto
for places that do get snow and pretty nasty winters, when do you guys plan on storing your cars and what are your procedures and your precautions when storing her

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
my garage *shrug*

i throw in cheaper oil and change it out when i want to drive er again

green

Dec 17, 2007
Toronto
mine will probably have to go in by either the beginning of october or mid october then shes hibernating waiting til next season. hoping to do some collection of parts during the winter and sending her to a body shop to get painted and get my mouldings on

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
when the snow sand and salt hit the ground:cry: so about a month..

i change my oil the day i park it, make sure you got ample coolant, and remove the battery.

i have heard people fill there gas tank full to keep moisture out, but not sure if thats true, then you got a full tank of old fuel to burn in spring.

webbs7mgte

Jun 2, 2008
wisconsin
yup too bad we salt here i wish we sanded and well i wish we didnt have snow at al lol....yes run fuel stabalizer the brand stab-il is wat i ran its somethign liek that. Works pretty darn well. If in all need you have to park her touside get a extremly good floor jack and lift her up high get a set of like truck jack stands and put some car covers on and make sure noting can get in their no squirels or anything. We dont want any chewed harnesses

green

Dec 17, 2007
Toronto
yeah i hear theres alot of methods out there to keep the car proper in storage i heard of people putting there cars on jack stands to keep the weight off the suspension but then you should move it back and forth or what ever so again there are many methods. i wish there wasnt snow and salt i just want to get a blow torch and melt it all away.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
roll it on a tarp then cover it and put a tarp on the cover and make your own little garage outside. if thats where you are going to store it. or just rent a storage at one of the those storage places

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
There is an additive you can put in your gas tank to preserve the gas and inhibit any corrosion that might otherwise occur. I can't remember the name of it but I'm sure a quick search of the web would locate it.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
There is a thread floating around that goes into great detail on how to correctly store a car for an extended amount of time, I remember it includes putting the car on jack stands, filling it full of gas, blocking off intake and exhaust, and putting petroleum jelly on all the rubber weather stripping.