Stock Intercooler Mounting

Supra-Kid315

Nov 5, 2007
Cambridge
Ok I'll admit that I'm a noob with supras and the 7m but I bought a non turbo mk3 and I'm doing a gte swap and wanted 2 know where the stock intercooler and oil cooler bolt up 2, I've heard that there are holes already there but I'm having some trouble finding them, piks would b great showing where the bolts go, thanks for the help

supraslo

Slaying Cobras
Jul 29, 2007
Burlington NC
www.myspace.com
Well john has alot of interesting stuff on his site whenever it gets up. He has even got a car he put twin stock intercoolers on, because he didn't want to spend money on a true upgraded intercooler.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
The base of the radiator mount has the holes already there, as does the bumper cover to the sides. I just did a GTE swap, last summer, so I still pretty much remember.

I had some trouble with the lower moutns, and had to extend my lower IC pipe a bit. No matter, because I'm swapping in a Driftmotion Spearco replica this spring. :)

Yes, all the mounts are there, same place as the donor car. Just go look at a stock turbo, if you can, and it's in the same place.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
What I did was jack the front of the car up and crawled underneath the front bumper. Take the intercooler and slide it in front of the radiator and start moving it around. You will see where it bolts into. It will sit in there at an angle. OR, you can take the bumper off and figure it out that way. Really, once you see where it goes you will feel stupid, or at least I did ;)

Supra-Kid315

Nov 5, 2007
Cambridge
ok I got the intercooler mounted don't kno if its in the exact right spot buts its bolted up angled now I need help bolting up the oil cooler

Supra-Kid315

Nov 5, 2007
Cambridge
ok I got the intercooler mounted don't kno if its in the exact right spot buts its bolted up angled now I need help bolting up the oil cooler