Stinger v4 not reading RPM

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Hey guys I am in the middle of wiring up mt stinger v4 to my sc300. I have everything wired up correctly but the car still will not start. I took the base map form the stinger thread with the 62mm and 440s since i have 440s in my car. I saw that he is useing a output for "tacho output" Does that need to be wired in for the stinger to read RPM? If so which wire does it go to?

I tried to wire output 2 to the IGF wire from my stock harness and set output 2 to the "tacho output" on the stinger. The stinger is still not showing a RPM signal. Do any other wires need to be wired in to get the signal?

Thanks for any help.

I will include the jzz30 pinout I am useing to find all the wires.

Attachments

• 1JZGTE__JZZ30__pinouts.pdf
    44.8 KB · Views: 3

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Ok well after a little bit more reading I have found out that the "tacho output" is for your tach not the stinger to read a tach signal.

So I am assuming the stinger gets the tach signal from the Crank angle sensor wires. I have 2 of them hooked up the Green wire on the stinger Trigger is hooked up to ne- and the red wire 12v+ is hooked up to ne.

This *should* make the tach work right? If I am doing something wrong please let me know.