Stinger EMS, 1JZ stock coils and MSD DIS-4 compatible???

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Basically I want to use MSD DIS-4 ignition boxes, but I'm not sure if it will work.

I was going to use just one DIS-4 box, but I might end up using two.

Here's the part that I want to know, will it work using the Stinger with the 1JZ adapter harness? Do I just wire it up normally like the stock ignitor?

If/can I use two DIS-4 boxes, how do I wire it up? Will this help spark? Is it worth it?

Thanks, I know that's a lot of questions but any help here is appreciated.

Jeff

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
RacerXJ220;1271381 said:
Basically I want to use MSD DIS-4 ignition boxes, but I'm not sure if it will work.

I was going to use just one DIS-4 box, but I might end up using two.

Here's the part that I want to know, will it work using the Stinger with the 1JZ adapter harness? Do I just wire it up normally like the stock ignitor?

If/can I use two DIS-4 boxes, how do I wire it up? Will this help spark? Is it worth it?

Thanks, I know that's a lot of questions but any help here is appreciated.

Jeff

The DIS-4 will drive up to 4 seperate coils, so your gonna need a dis-4 and a dis-2 to operate it right. im pretty sure thats what I.J. did when he had his setup. I have a DIS-4 that ill cut you a great price on, if your intereasted(PM me)?

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I already have two DIS-4 boxes. Come to think about it, I got a lot of extra crap just laying around....

The ignition from the Stinger drive channels 1, 2, 3 respective to DIS-4 channels, but power it's own assigned coil.

DIS-4 (a) = Coils 1, 2, 3
DIS-4 (b) = Coils 6, 5, 4

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
i think if you configure it to run in wasted spark you could use one dis-4 with the same msd adaptors that the mustangs use . they run one dis-4 on a v8.