Steering Wheel Vibration - Why

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
My 91 MA70 7MGTE has steering wheel vibration. Is this problem caused by front end alignment issues or tire/wheel being out of balance.

Or could it be both?

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
i had a weird vibratioon at 30 mph, i got my tires rebalanced at a legit place(costco) and it went away.

just say you have a leak on your tire or else they wont check them. make sure you ask them to check and balance all your other tires, they charged me 12 bucks for all 4 wheels rebalanced.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Tires out of balance is #1 cause (they can go out of balance due to bad alignment, so that could be a contributing factor).

Bent wheels is another

Warped rotors another

worn bushings

etc...

Take it to a tire/alignment shop and tell them you're getting a vibration through the steering wheel. They'll check everything for you, usually for pretty cheap (sometimes for free if you bought your tires there)

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Ha, I've been living with a steering wheel shake ever since I slid the car sideways down the road at 60+ mph after loosing it in a corner.

Don't mind, it keeps reminding me not to get too throttle happy on a road I've never been on before.:nono:

Mk3Tmoney

Apr 7, 2009
Alberta
gofastgeorge;1449012 said:
Ha, I've been living with a steering wheel shake ever since I slid the car sideways down the road at 60+ mph after loosing it in a corner.

Don't mind, it keeps reminding me not to get too throttle happy on a road I've never been on before.:nono:

Was it wet/raining?

StrikeIS

Apr 1, 2009
Va
gofastgeorge;1449012 said:

You may want to get that fixed before you wreck your car. A bad alignment can break things after awhile.