steering help?

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
so i have found that my steering wheel turns more to the right than it does to the left.
my question is can i fix this by centering the steering wheel so that it turns the same to the right and left then adjusting the tie rods so that the wheels are strait again?
or will i mess things up by trying that
thanks

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Actually ya that would correct it. The rack will only turn so many times from lock to lock. So the column will only turn so many times from lock to lock.

Someone prolly did what your not supposed to do which is stick the wheel on anywhere and and adjust the tie rods till it drives straight.

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
spikesnstuff0905;1676327 said:
First off, no don't do that.
Second off, you're from MD. Whats up?!
Third, make sure your wheels or rack aren't hitting something when turned to full-lock.
what part of md are you from.
the only thing im hitting is the bump stops( which i will be removing shortly)

hvyman;1676333 said:
Actually ya that would correct it. The rack will only turn so many times from lock to lock. So the column will only turn so many times from lock to lock.

Someone prolly did what your not supposed to do which is stick the wheel on anywhere and and adjust the tie rods till it drives straight.
thats what i thought, i gotta get two new tie rods (mine dont tighten anymore on the steering knuckle side)