Starter wtf

Greatdestroyer187

Dr.Greenthumb
Sep 12, 2011
New britian
Yah thought my starter was bad so replaced it still doesn't start. Any ideas? The wire on the top also just slides on and off could this b a issue. Well any help will be greatly apreciated,thanks in advance

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
thats just the trigger terminal... check your grounds and the main power wire TO the starter. can you hear it click at all?

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Look up on here the starter relay mod. I had the exact same issue with mine and when I took the car in to have my mechanic swap it ( because I just didn't have the time ) he said that changing it didn't fix the problem. So he did the starter relay mod, and now it starts the first time everytime. He said the mod might have cost around $15.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Ha, maybe fix the signal wire before you go doing pointless "mods". The "relay mod" is a bandaid, and a poor one IMO.

You also mentioned you replaced the starter, but you didnt say new. So, is it new?
Clicking starter for an 80's toyotas is incredibly common and due to worn contacts inside the solenoid. You can just replace the contacts, or the starter.

Greatdestroyer187

Dr.Greenthumb
Sep 12, 2011
New britian
Yah its new waz readin on the relay mod and jetjock and others said it was just a bandaid, so when ican i'm goin to look into the wiring. I'm new to wiring and lookin at the schamatics is kind of scary this is one of those learn as I go projects