Spring recommedations

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
I have a set of BC springs(just single springs) and a set of ferrea springs(dual). I am going to be using 1mm oversize and 264 BC cams. I was wondering what everyones thoughts are on which ones I should use. I dont plan on seeing anything over 600hp and dont plan on revving anything over 8k. So basically is the dual springs overkill or more of a safety net? I have also heard some things about dual springs causing issues with the valve guides, any thoughts?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I'd use the double and sell the single. Good to be over kill and gives room for advancement later with out having to do a spring change.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Older Ferrea springs had a too small a diameter inside spring. They had changed the part number a couple years ago so that old problem had been eliminated. You would have to fiqure out what the part number of your springs are to see if you have the ones tat interfere with the seal. Or you need to lower the seal a little.

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
Ok maybe that is what I heard about. I guess I would just need to check out the current part number and compare it to what I have? If they match then I have the updated ones and if they dont then I probably have the old ones that do interfere. Thanks, Craig

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I wonder even you do have the older ones if you called ferrea maybe they will exchange them for free? Just a thought.