Spec stage 3+ clutch

6o4turbo

It never ends...
Oct 27, 2005
B.C. Canada
I've looking into clutches deciding what will be best for my application. Will be putting 450 + at the rear wheels.

I've heard tons of good things about the Spec stage 3, but very little about the stage 3+.

Here is some info on the stage 3+

For heavily modified street and race engines making more torque than the Stage 3 can support. Offers good daily drivability and better manageability than the stage 3, with even better wear characteristics.

High clamp pressure plate, full-faced carbon metallic friction, high torque sprung hub and disc assembly, bearing and tool kit.

Seems better in every way, is there any reason why I shouldn't get a stage 3+ over the stage 3? Seems like the extra $120.00 is well worth it.

Anyone using this clutch currently? I'd like to know how it's holding up and any opinions on it.

Cheers.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Dont go by "stages", go by material of the pucks, sprung or unsprung, and the number of pucks.

Personally, I have a 6 puck sprung, made out of bronze/sintered iron material. Hooks up instantly, and will hold the power when you need it.

FWIW, stay away from 3 and 4 puck clutches.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Does'nt the "Stage 3+" just mean stage 3 disk, w/ an upgraded pressure plate? I just ate up my Stage 2, suppose to hold 460lbs tq. So I'm thinking about just replacing the disk, stage 3.:1zhelp:

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
All spec PP are the same.
Specs + series are just a step above the denoted number.
When I bought my Stage 2, the guy was trying to sell me the 2+ which has stage 2 material on one side and stage 3 material on the other side of the disc. So its like a 2 1/2.

6o4turbo

It never ends...
Oct 27, 2005
B.C. Canada
MDCmotorsports said:
6 puck sprung FTW.

I would have thought that the full-face carbon would make for a more streetable clutch with the same power handling capacity... And it will out last the 6 puck.

BTZ

Apr 5, 2005
Burnaby
here is the spec3 disk, does anyone have a pic of the spec pp?

p221651_1.jpg

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
for aroundthe same price you can get a south bend fermanic and hold more hp. i run the SB andsofar i really like it