Socal: Dec 13 cruise and BBQ

7mgt-66e

Jul 14, 2007
san pedro, ca
I'm not a member on SocalSupras yet so I'll post here.

Is this going to be mainly a MKIII/MKIV thing, or are other vehicles allowed? My Supra, a MKII, is under construction at the moment and won't be able to attend so I'll have to take the Celica. Is this going to be OK?

Hopefully, this isn't as bad as a so call BBQ meet I went to that was posted on SF. Got there and it was basically a private meet for a MKIV car club of about 10-15 people. No one said hi, nothing. Another person in a MKIV rolled up and same thing to him. That was the most retarded meet I've ever been to. And worst of all, no food.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
7mgt-66e;1191441 said:

Is this going to be mainly a MKIII/MKIV thing, or are other vehicles allowed? My Supra, a MKII, is under construction at the moment and won't be able to attend so I'll have to take the Celica. Is this going to be OK?

Hopefully, this isn't as bad as a so call BBQ meet I went to that was posted on SF. Got there and it was basically a private meet for a MKIV car club of about 10-15 people. No one said hi, nothing. Another person in a MKIV rolled up and same thing to him. That was the most retarded meet I've ever been to. And worst of all, no food.

Most of the people that will be attending are from Socalsupras. Most of us own MKIIIs. Socalsupras is a small community; most of us know each other. Those who have broken down MKIIIs will be rolling to the meet in their "other" car; so feel free to bring your Celica.

As long as we each contribute something for the BBQ, rather than just hoping that others will, then we won't have a problem.

7mgt-66e

Jul 14, 2007
san pedro, ca
rodel;1191450 said:
Most of the people that will be attending are from Socalsupras. Most of us own MKIIIs. Socalsupras is a small community; most of us know each other. Those who have broken down MKIIIs will be rolling to the meet in their "other" car; so feel free to bring your Celica.

As long as we each contribute something for the BBQ, rather than just hoping that others will, then we won't have a problem.

Cool, I'm always willing to provide something. The other meet I went to said "free food" so I didn't bring anything, they didn't even have a grill out.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
7mgt-66e;1191441 said:

Are you talking about the annual barbecue? that wasn't a MKIV only thing. The majority of the SoCal community are MKIII's. Must have been a different meet you were talking about.

RazoE;1191501 said:
Man I'd love to roll, but a w58 + 4.30 diff = 4000 rpms for over 2 hours, If I can snag a 3.73 from the junkyard here, ill see if I can go...

You know you want to bring it! ;) Just do it! I wanna see my old engine in action! I miss it ya know!

All_star

Mar 2, 2008
South central
ima see if ima roll out im trying to upgrade my timing belt cuz it retarded and i dnt want to pull over and pop my clutch and put it back in time

7mgt-66e

Jul 14, 2007
san pedro, ca
Yodel, I'm confused. Your first post on socalsupras you stated no more BBQ due to lack of suppliers (last revised the 4th). However, the current post, dated the 8th, people are still bringing food, etc.... Please let me know if you guys are still planning on the BBQ. If so, can you revised the first post of who's bringing what so I can figure out what I will be bringing. Looks like quite a bit of people are going.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
7mgt-66e;1198690 said:
Yodel, I'm confused. Your first post on socalsupras you stated no more BBQ due to lack of suppliers (last revised the 4th). However, the current post, dated the 8th, people are still bringing food, etc.... Please let me know if you guys are still planning on the BBQ. If so, can you revised the first post of who's bringing what so I can figure out what I will be bringing. Looks like quite a bit of people are going.

We are gonna BBQ, after I commented that there was a lack of suppliers...people started to step up. Bring something to BBQ, we can never have too much to BBQ. I"ll revise the supply list.