So, Mazda is killing the Rotary again...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yeah, the NA door panels are absolute shit. I have to give Mazda credit for improving the creature comforts of the miata without seriously impacting it's performance (well, except for that stupid retractable hardtop).

Here's a link to the pics, dunno why the camera was being stupid and focusing on the wrong thing: http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/viru52000/Miata/

Car definately pulls harder than the NA did, and overall feels like a much better car.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Nice car man, that makes your mom about 3 points cooler for driving it. How long until FM starts seeing money for it?

I'm tempted to get another one, just due to how incredibly cheap it is to make a really good handling car out of them. Power is the unfortunately expensive part up in the mountains...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
She says she doesn't want a turbo or supercharger, but I bet if she had or drove one...she's like it :D

Power isn't too bad as they take well to forced induction. Or you could drop an LS1 in it...

Master_Spazez

Jun 4, 2011
SC
I actually prefer NA's to all the other Miatas. Granted I've never lived with having a Miata, I just love the "froggy" look they have.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1757355 said:
She says she doesn't want a turbo or supercharger, but I bet if she had or drove one...she's like it :D

Power isn't too bad as they take well to forced induction. Or you could drop an LS1 in it...
If you happen to have an LS1 laying around, I think it's like $2700-3000 or so for the conversion parts to make things easy. Full on balls out FMII turbo kit is only like $5k now. Not terribly expensive, but to get to the same levels of power as my relatively stock 1j... I guess that's the mindset I'm seeing things from. Down south you really don't need much more power than stock, but up here in the mountains they're rather anemic cars...

Master_Spazez;1757401 said:
I actually prefer NA's to all the other Miatas. Granted I've never lived with having a Miata, I just love the "froggy" look they have.
Having owned both NA and NB, I can say that if I were building one for strictly racing, it would be an NA, but for actually driving and living with it, NB all the way. Definitely froggy looking though. There is even a part that connects under the windshield to the body under the fenders called "frog arms". :p

Master_Spazez

Jun 4, 2011
SC
Well I'm big on cosmetics if I have to live with a car so knowing the NA's handling and me loving how it looks, and as long as its a 1.8 I'd love the snot out of it.

If its a race car I could give two shits about how it looks as long as it performs.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Good engine that 1.8 BP that they used in these cars. They like boost, and are stout from the factory, much like the Toyota JZ. Had both of mine north of 10k rpm on accident... stupid super short shifters make 3-4 shifts into accidental 3-2 shifts a very real possibility.:arcadefre

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
mazda_hydrogen_station02.jpg

bo-urhns.....

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Torque? Bet that's never been mentioned in a thread about a rotary. :p