smells like rubber burning

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
tyang82;1842567 said:
Just for the excitement of course. I am 30 years old and have been driving for years so I believe I know how to drive with care. Thanks for your concern though.

I've been driving for 23 years now. Learned on, and having been driving manual transmission cars the whole time. I burned out my clutch at the dragstrip my first pass. It can happen no matter how long you've been driving.

Were you doing a standing burnout rowing throught the gears? I'm just wondering how you smelled the clutch burning while moving foward so fast. And if you were moving that fast then you'd notice your RPM's and MPH wouldn't match if your clutch was slipping. Especially if you're 30 years old and have been driving for years.

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
First gear the rpm was close to red line and speeds were around 30mphs then by second gear 40mph and third gear close to 60. I'm pretty sure I know how drive manuals and this is the first time I experienced this happening.
Jonah I also know how to do burnouts properly :) the old tires was my reason for doing so.
Thanks jordan for the answer.

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
I know you were jonah. I went and ordered a standard clutch kit from autozone for 150.00 didn't know it was that cheap thanks to turbo habanero. Now I just gotta wait so while waiting I'll give it another tune up, second one this year already.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
tyang82;1842770 said:
I know you were jonah. I went and ordered a standard clutch kit from autozone for 150.00 didn't know it was that cheap thanks to turbo habanero. Now I just gotta wait so while waiting I'll give it another tune up, second one this year already.

what brand?
i always use zoom perfection clutch(i know theyre sold by advance auto parts)
unsure if theyre sold for the supra but i have had luck with them in all my cars(bought the cars with a bad clutch lol)

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Jonah they are Duralast comes with everything but a throwout bearing if I remember correctly.

Mine has held up pretty good thus far. I bought it as a quick fix and to my surprise it has taken a beating quite well.

I'm now running 18psi on a 60-1 through it.

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
Poodles;1842777 said:
Releasing the clutch slowly isn't how to do a burnout :p

I want doing a burn out with the new tires. My old tires I did, by slamming on the breaks quickly after releasing clutch. I did that twice only and then when I did what I did the other night that's when shit happened :)