Slipping the clutch?

zurud

Apr 10, 2005
Evansville, IN
What does slipping the clutch means. Is it slowly releasing the clutch. At the track I always dump the clutch, release the clutch real. I have 6 puck clutch that don't have a lot of play in it. I am afarid if I slowly release the clutch at 5k, I will burn the clutch. I already fried kevlar clutch and welded ceramic clutch mostly during burnout where I slowly release the clutch.

Thanks

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Yes, slipping the clutch means that you are slowly releasing it until full engagement. Doing this will lay your power down to the ground better that just dumping. It reduces wheel spin basically so you take off out of the hole faster.

a10secstreetcar

F-Con V Pro FTW!
Feb 7, 2009
FLORIDA
starscream5000;1516961 said:
Yes, slipping the clutch means that you are slowly releasing it until full engagement. Doing this will lay your power down to the ground better that just dumping. It reduces wheel spin basically so you take off out of the hole faster.

+1

Most common mistake is noobs thinking they have to Dump the clutch. NO NO!

Slipping is the way to go, But some clutches I believe if you slip them they will lock up. I think that's more for the high end racing clutches. I could be wrong on that though.