Status
Not open for further replies.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Basically, all you do is place between 5mm of washers in where it says in the diagram, and it'll raise your oil pressure a decent amount. I'm in the process of doing this now. I'll post my findings.

I was told by another member (IJ) that 5mm of washers will suffice.

IJ. said:
A good analogy: the relief acts like a wastegate for the Oil Pump and if you shim it solid it can't open and something has to blow!

By this, Ian means that if the relief can't open, that you'll blow the weakest point in the oiling system, most commonly the o-ring on the oil filter, or in extreme cases, the oil filter itself!

I also spoke with flubyux2, and he suggested that the washers go right inside the hollow bolt, and that you should use washers instead of a solid piece of bolt stock to allow oil to still flow through that bolt. (what Aisin intended for it to do) Thanks for the info, Chris!

Attachments

• shim oil pump2.GIF
    shim oil pump2.GIF
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,992
W

womenslider

so what type of increase are we talking 10 ,20 psi and why does that make a difference????

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
womenslider said:
so what type of increase are we talking 10 ,20 psi and why does that make a difference????

yes what kind of increases are seen from the 5mm washer?
my oil press seems fine while driving (40+)but it drops alot when im at idle (15-20), makes me nervouse..

JDI racer

Sep 16, 2005
479 area,arkansas
hey man i know what your talking about mine does that too...with my 3'' exhaust! it scares me all the time,but the machanic dude said i think thats just how they run i think. still dont think its right,and everyone elses is a lot higher,lol. i have no cats either. dont know what to tell you,other then that does it to me too!

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
been thinking of pulling my pan anyways, someone actually tried to lift the car off the ground from the oil pan with a jack (previouse owner) and its got a nice dent in it, :cry: dont think anything contacts it inside, but figured as long as its off i may put a new pump in it..and try this mod.. winter project..

SOOo... how much psi is gained from a 5mm washer mod????? thnks now...

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
lol dont get scared abotu your oil pressure, aslong as its above 5 at idle your fine. and at 3krpm it should be 35-40 if i remmeber right

Status
Not open for further replies.