shaeff's dyno video 289rwhp/295rwtq- STOCK (and dying) ct-26

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
this was back in May, when i went to get my car dyno'd in wappengers falls, NY. (about 45 minutes south of me)

much thanks to s383mmber1 for finding it, as i didn't even know it was posted on the internet! :) thanks, will!

here's a link to the dyno slips: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=221047&postcount=49

anyway, this is the first run i believe. (my friend must have uploaded it, as that's his username)- i don't exactly remember the numbers, but i came out of there with a best of 289rwhp and 295 ft. lbs. torque after a little bit of rough tuning with the fuel pressure.

here's the video. by the way, the turbo is a stock ct-26, with lots of chipped impeller blades, and shaftplay... :) (and now the oil seals are gone too! woo!) the smoke you see is because i was running excessively rich, and there might have been a little dead-turbo oil smoke in the mix...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQjb-Heto9Q

edit: my mods when this was done were as follows:

MODS:

1986.5 chassis, still on the w58 with my own custom SOGI short shift rethreaded for stock knob, '89 7MGTE, Clutchmasters Stage III, Fidanza Lighweight Flywheel, Lexus AFM, RC 550cc Injectors, Boost Reference Aeromotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator with Fuel Pressure gauge and stainless steel braided lines, pulsatoin damper removal kit and j-tube bypass, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Megan Racing Boost Gauge, Becauseican Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, 3" RS*R Concept Cat-back with resonator removed, Cometic 1.4mm MHG, ARP Headstuds, 1mm Oversized Valves, Dr. Jonez Manual Boost Controller, Eibach Pro Kit, Koni Yellows, Upper Hardpipe/BOV, B&M 11x8 oil cooler, B&M 180* thermostat, oilfilter relocation kit, Greddy oil catch can, 3400lbs with driver

so, pretty much everything except for the turbo.

enjoy!

-shaeff

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
:cry: Not a problem Shaeff, the only thing your gonna have to do for me now is help me turbo my car;) But only because i found this video!

haha

Yeah i saw it and was like "woah! I can't believe he hasn't showed us this yet!"

Then i came and looked in the video section, and nothing!

GREAT video none the less! Im jsut madd i missed it by five minutes

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
s383mmber1 said:
:cry: Not a problem Shaeff, the only thing your gonna have to do for me now is help me turbo my car;) But only because i found this video!

haha

Yeah i saw it and was like "woah! I can't believe he hasn't showed us this yet!"

Then i came and looked in the video section, and nothing!

GREAT video none the less! Im jsut madd i missed it by five minutes

thanks man. :) seriously, i drove off the dyno, parked the car, locked it, and then you walked up! you were so close!

-shaeff

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
shaeff said:
thanks man. :) seriously, i drove off the dyno, parked the car, locked it, and then you walked up! you were so close!

-shaeff

Damn it! I gotta a little taste of that sweet sweet wastegate sound when ya left!

You should have seen the look on my dads face! He was like

":eek: "

thats a good thing~!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
will, you should hear it now that i have the maftpro's EBC function working! quiet... quiet... quiet.... BLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!~~~!!!

haha. i love it. the wastegate snaps open and scares the crap out of people!

-shaeff

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
shaeff said:
will, you should hear it now that i have the maftpro's EBC function working! quiet... quiet... quiet.... BLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!~~~!!!

haha. i love it. the wastegate snaps open and scares the crap out of people!

-shaeff

You should seriously see my face right now. :icon_mrgr

I wanna see her!!:cry:

I cant beilive more people havn't seen this video!

Raw power. Raw power i tell you.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
haha. you're going to be excited when you check your PM later... guess what i got in the mail today? yep, your BIC ddp:)

-shaeff

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
I can't wait till we all can meet up. It's gonna be awesome chillin with other supra owners....

Mo

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
thanks, and yes, will. stock redline! :) (4th gear pull)

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
sorry, didn't see this get bumped-

it was on a shimmed wastegate, boosting from 10ish and creeping to about 15psi.

(my EBC crapped itself, and i couldn't find my dr.jonez MBC. :()

-shaeff