Shadow Gray Gurus

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
So, i've already repainted the supra from the Mahogany Pearl. :( sad yes, but the car needed paint. Its just that the tan/brown doesnt go well with my gunmetal exterior.

My plan is to go Shadow Gray, or Black/Gray two-tone. Shadow Gray interior is too hard to come by in good condition and too expensive and i'm doubting many people would want to trade for the tan/brown who have it.

What i'm looking for are some pictures and color code. (yes ive looked, and a lot of the original images are gone). I have been painting cars for a while now so I'm assuming that i will be painting and dying my interior the colors i want. I just would love to get a color code for the shadow gray interiors and some more collaborated pictures so i can see what i can expect.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
What if you just go with black seats, carpet, and maybe steering wheel and column and shift boot area or something like that?

It would break up the tan if you don't care for it and you wouldn't have to worry about finding the exact color code you want and pulling all the pieces out and dying them.

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
Silver MK3;1986932 said:
What if you just go with black seats, carpet, and maybe steering wheel and column and shift boot area or something like that?

It would break up the tan if you don't care for it and you wouldn't have to worry about finding the exact color code you want and pulling all the pieces out and dying them.

That was a possibility. Ideally though. I really like the look of the shadow gray. I mean it doesnt have to be exact I just figured if the code was around that would make things easy.

If I do black/gray I love the look of the TT-R with the recaros so reupholster the seats. Im planning on paint the supra again but going a lot more in detail. Stripping the interior, dynamat to quiet down the ride inside and I figure while its out would be most cost effective to paint/dye what I could and reupholster the seats. So to at least help me decide I vaguely remember someone who had tan/brown that threw in a bunch of black on his interior. Any pics? Or know the member?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
bluebullet89;1986940 said:
That was a possibility. Ideally though. I really like the look of the shadow gray. I mean it doesnt have to be exact I just figured if the code was around that would make things easy.

If I do black/gray I love the look of the TT-R with the recaros so reupholster the seats. Im planning on paint the supra again but going a lot more in detail. Stripping the interior, dynamat to quiet down the ride inside and I figure while its out would be most cost effective to paint/dye what I could and reupholster the seats. So to at least help me decide I vaguely remember someone who had tan/brown that threw in a bunch of black on his interior. Any pics? Or know the member?

When I typed my first response this is who I was thinking of, and it may be who you were thinking of. There's some interior pics if you scroll down.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?115638-Xzeror-s-Clean-86.5-Progress

8T7supra

Jan 6, 2007
New York
I would say get the seat reupholster first them match that color that way everything matches nice. if you do dye the interior I would use the adhesion promoter so it sticks well and make sure you buy the right dye for the material you are dyeing i.e. carpet vs vinyl ect.

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
Silver MK3;1986948 said:
When I typed my first response this is who I was thinking of, and it may be who you were thinking of. There's some interior pics if you scroll down.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?115638-Xzeror-s-Clean-86.5-Progress

This is the one that i had remembered. black seats, black mats, inserts, this looks quite nice. but i do think gray simply looks more updated, so i dont know. i may start with the seats and go from there.

4450377288_5000c798ce_b.jpg

8T7supra;1986973 said:
I would say get the seat reupholster first them match that color that way everything matches nice. if you do dye the interior I would use the adhesion promoter so it sticks well and make sure you buy the right dye for the material you are dyeing i.e. carpet vs vinyl ect.

Ohh ya, since i do paint, i would only do it right. good quality dye, adhesion promoter, proper prepping, etc...