Seperating the ehaust housing from the center section

Suprasonic19

2JZ no sh*t!
Mar 5, 2007
Stockton, CA
Ive begun rebuilding my original ct26. From my 88 with 117k on it. The intake housing came off in merely a second or two. The snap ring wasn't even rusted in. Well I got the exhaust housing clamp nuts off with some pb blaster and a hefty breaker bar. With a little tap from a dead blow the halves of the clamp separated with ease.

Now my problem is I cannot get the exhaust side of the turbo to separate from the center section for the life of me. Ive tried heating it up and hitting with a dead blow, several chisel/punches, a screwdriver, and even cutting 2 2x4s just slightly larger than the space between the two halves and hammering them in between to force the halves apart. Nothing even begins to separate the 2. Is there something Im missing of if this thing welded shut with age? I havent removed the fins or center shaft yet as both writeups im going by said to remove the housings first.

Suprasonic19

2JZ no sh*t!
Mar 5, 2007
Stockton, CA
This went live a little too late. Already got it apart and back together. But just for the record heating it with an acetylene torch did the trick. The first few times I only had a small propane torch, just wasnt enough heat. With the bigger torch only a minute or two of even heating all around and few hits with a deadblow the housing came right apart.