Salvation from recent subpar photoshops

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
As of right now, its still a work in progress. I've spent most of today working on it; most of today meaning painstaking polygon lasso detail and pixel selection :icon_evil

Original is in 2560 x 1600. I'm not used to working in resolutions that high; hell my lappy only has 1680 x 1050 res as it is! Its nice to have that kind of detail at least.

Going to mess with a few more colors of things and see how it comes out. For instance, the amber turn signals dont work as well as I hoped, so I think Im going to smoke the whole lens.

I'm also going to change the wheels to gunmetal w/polished lip and see how it turns out. I'm really tempted to try a different OEM wheel style as well, despite how nice these 5 spoke wheels look.

p1244096_1.jpg

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Um, Photoshop? :biglaugh:

CS3 more specifically.

EDIT: Updated. Black stripes didnt look as nice as I was hoping, so I went with bright ass neon yellow. Viper badge on the back is a stronger red. Did a sloppy job of making the trunk, top, and hood black, so my next step will be to fix it up nicey nice.

I decided to leave the wheels alone. They look just fine with what I've done to them, and the wheel I had in mind looks like total ass on it.

Otherwise I'm pretty much done.

Last edited:

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Yblegal91t;1245687 said:
i found a similar one. before they(wallpaper site) applied the photo backdrop.

http://big5.wallcoo.com/engine/automotive_illustration/images/Dodge_Viper_SRT_10_Rear.jpg

nice gas tank and lights as well as other photo enhancing. did you use another pic for the tank or did you draw that out with pencil.

lasso and hue-colorize on lights?
between 0 - .3 px feathering?

also the red on the badge looks too saturated.

Yeah the original picture is a real picture of the actual factory car...you know that right? :icon_razz

Everything I have done to the car has been lasso'd and a combination of hue change and color balance. I'm surprised you think the badge looks over saturated, but not the stripes :biglaugh:

Actually the gas lid was just a lasso and a color invert lol.

Turn signals were just lasso and color balance, adding enough color to change the hue to that yellow. It came out better on the 135i I chopped a while back, but its not too bad.

p1245838_1.jpg

So the total list of everything I did to it is:

- Change the main hue slightly
- Change the stripe colors
- Tint
- Lower it
- Paint the wheels but left a polished lip. Painted the center Viper caps red.
- Added some red to the rear Viper badge; changed the fender badge to red.
- Ambered the turn signal; smoked the backup light.
- Paint the fuel door, top, trunk, hood, and side mirrors black

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
GuNDeZZZ;1246695 said:
Yeah ^^^ that's an M3 btw...

Look at the front fenders the airduct is not on the 135i just the M3 unless otherwise modified.

Seriously? :biglaugh:

Good eye on the E92 vent, but you're going to need a better eye to differentiate between an M3 and a 135i with just a few color changes :biglaugh:

Other than that, all I did was change the wheels and copy/paste the exhaust to the other side.

I know my post 80s BMWs lol. I worked for them for 2 years; theres a reason its part of my avatar.

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
Orion ZyGarian;1246710 said:
Seriously? :biglaugh:

Good eye on the E92 vent, but you're going to need a better eye to differentiate between an M3 and a 135i with just a few color changes :biglaugh:

Other than that, all I did was change the wheels and copy/paste the exhaust to the other side.

I know my post 80s BMWs lol. I worked for them for 2 years; theres a reason its part of my avatar.

Can I see the original pic, I think I have it saved on my HD as a wallpaper.

If you chopped the duct on, good job its seamless.