Safc question

ndial2498

Jun 3, 2008
Medford
so, iam getting ready to install a safc 2. Problem is the diagram's wiring colors for the ecu are not the same as mine, also i cant seem to find the year my ecu is (did a jdm swap) ive tried looking up the part number to see if there was a difference but nothing comes up under 89661-14220? The apexi diagram and the one here shows only 2 different ecu pinouts 88-, 88+. anyway is the pinout still the same regardless of wire color. its a 26p, 16p,22p so 89+? ive searched my ass off and just want this done right the first time thanks in advance.

ndial2498

Jun 3, 2008
Medford
alright got it wired in now for some reason i have no knock? throttle is working i set it to karman 6 cyl all that but not registering a knock?

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
I wouldn't worry to much about knock. Many have said it pretty much useless but try to hook it up if you like.
I don't know what year you have but there is a wiring diagram in my sig for '91. You need to pay more attention to signal name than wire color if you have a different year.

ndial2498

Jun 3, 2008
Medford
turned out i was looking at the pins diagram upside down, first time ive tapped into a ecu.. a-duh, anyway nothing like trial and error, now to figure out the fun stuff it's all wired up. for anyone with a aftermarket tach my signal was rerouted if that isnt hooked up you will get no rev or knock sig, anyway, thanx isnms.