SAFC piggy back help, experienced opinions?

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Wassup guys, I was wondering if would be of assistance. I see that alot of people run the safc along with the 550's, lex afm, exhaust, intake, bigger turbo and walbro. I would like to get an opinion from you on doing this, since the safc obviously dosent have timing control. Id hate to blow my built motor up from that. I would like to get high 300's-mid 400's and would be very thrilled. My plan is to eventually get a standalone but right now i cannot afford it, sorry excuse but im not looking to get more than 450+whp out of the safc method. Im not ready to tackle the BIG numbers that the standalones are usually used for, even though they can be used on any hp. Id rather take the baby hp stepps. Should i do this? if not please inclue why and what u suggest. Ive been patient, and i already have the stuff for this methed aswell.

Thanks, Marcus

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Any of the S-AFCs are fine for what your doing.
Stock ignition map is also fine for your goals.
You will do more damage not getting the fuel delivery right.
You will need a good A/f ratio meter to see what is actually going on.
There are pleanty of threads explaining that.

MacDaddy_J_420

I heart SM
Sep 5, 2007
Dalton, GA
Yeah the safc is good for what it does and should be just fine for you application. Keep in mind though you do control ignition timing when you lean and richen things, that is why the safc is only good as a fine tuning tool.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
FINE tunning ONLY! Ran one for a few months before getting into the maftpro. Very simple and easy to tune. I wouldnt bother with it unless you get an AFPR though.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
gofastgeorge;1479851 said:
You will do more damage not getting the fuel delivery right.
You will need a good A/f ratio meter to see what is actually going on.

+1
Stock fuel pump won't get you there. You need to upgrade that with the afpr.