Resale prices

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
What do you guys sell your used audio for? 85%? Do you go off of new or used prices?

Or just off of whatever amount you need for that new supra part?

I was thinking right about 85-90% what I paid for the stuff to begin with.

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
Most the time i buy used car audio i break balls on it. Last stuff i bought off craigslist i got a 350$ JL Audio 500/1v2 amp for 125$ and 2 Alpine Type R's and a Capicitor for 100$. I normally say 50% MAX , and i normally try n lowball 30% or so.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
50% of MSRP if it's run of the mill equipment from the last several years. However, if it's a discontinued specialty item; like an Alpine 7909 deck or a Phoenix Gold Frankenstien amp, you can tack on a premium.

Also, look to ebay for current market value. A quick view of completed auctions of an identical item will give you an idea of what you can get for it.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
50% of current LIST price. Audio equipment for the car has dropped from thousands per item to hundreds per item in the last 20 years. So all the guys my age trying to hawk their used Orion HCCA amps for double what a modern amp with the same capacity sells for are smoking the crack.

I use the same price scheme for Supra parts, too - 50% of list, and of course you can charge more for something in mint condition, and less for something with wear.