Replacing coolant hose from head to ISCV

GetBoost

Sep 13, 2005
Fayetteville
I think I have found my leak, but how in the world do you get to it? I have removed the alternator and can almost get my hand on the top portion but am having trouble reaching the bottom section. I don't won't to break any sensors down there. Do most people remove the whole manifold to get to this thing?!

Hank

May 25, 2014
MN
Im having this exact issue. Narrowed down a coolant leak to this hose, leaking right next to the nipple on the head. Had to use a mirror to see it, but I can't figure out where the other end goes. Do I have to replace the entire hose or can a use a piece of coupling and cut off the end and re-clamp it? Don't want to take off the upper intake chamber if I don't have to.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Mirror, careful lighting and lots of patience.

It's a bear working under the manifold. To take it off, you have to work at the lower bolts anyways so I wouldn't go that route unless you want to do some cleaning under there.

Good luck!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
Hello,

Sorry to hijack the thread.

I'd like to replace mine with a custom hose (FFIM setup).

Any idea of the inside diameter of the hose please?

Hank

May 25, 2014
MN
I'm not sure the measurement of the hose, I just took my old one to the store and matched it with a new one, bought a hunk of it and made my own. Been holding so far.

And for getting at it, I ended up taking off that rail with some vacuum lines going into it off the bottom of the intake. Only two bolts holding it on (plus taking off the vacuum lines) and that gave me the clearance I needed to get my hands in there. Much easier than taking off the alternator or the whole intake. You still have to work by feel some but with a mirror it's do-able. This site is a valuable resource - thank you to everyone who responded!