Regulator Going Bad?

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
About a week ago i left my dome light on and killed my battery, We jumpped the car with a friend of mines and drove it around for awhile and parked it again. I just replaced the battery today and when i started the car it jumpped to 17 volts on the gauge after idling the car for about 5 more minutes two dash lights popped up, my battery light and my tail light failure light, I turned the car off and turned it back on and they were off and my volt gauge dropped back down to 14-14.5 where its normally at and they never came back on.

So is my alternator going bad or was it just a weird happening?

I would check to see if its getting a charge but i dont have a volt meter here.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
SupaMan;920557 said:
About a week ago i left my dome light on and killed my battery, We jumpped the car with a friend of mines and drove it around for awhile and parked it again. I just replaced the battery today and when i started the car it jumpped to 17 volts on the gauge after idling the car for about 5 more minutes two dash lights popped up, my battery light and my tail light failure light, I turned the car off and turned it back on and they were off and my volt gauge dropped back down to 14-14.5 where its normally at and they never came back on.

So is my alternator going bad or was it just a weird happening?

I would check to see if its getting a charge but i dont have a volt meter here.
Had any rain there in sunny florida? Sounds like maybe something shorted out, like tail light, etc.

SupaMan

Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
AJ'S 88NA;921034 said:
Had any rain there in sunny florida? Sounds like maybe something shorted out, like tail light, etc.

we got some but my car has been inside the garage its always in the garage.

could something get shorted out in a week of not moving or being started? it was fine before i fucked up and left the dome light on like a retard.

SupaMan

Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
OH if it helps any when my turn signals are on the volt gauge jumps with the signal prolly bout a volt or so up and down, its done that since the battery went dead but it never did it before.