Recommendations for Anti-lag

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm having trouble getting my anti-lag setup properly.. seems whatever setting I try, the exhaust tone just changes and the turbo won't build boost.

Could I get some recommendations on the settings?

EMS: Stinger

Turn on above RPM: ____
Turn on above TPS: ___%
Turn off above PSI: ___
Ignition Miss sequence: _ (*see below)
Fuel Trim: __%
Ignition Trim: __%

Stinger Manual said:
Drag Mode

Drag mode selects boost enhancement for drag cars when throttle is opened. When the throttle signal level is ABOVE the pre-set TPS setting AND the engines RPM is ABOVE the pre-set RPM setting AND the boost pressure is below the Kpa setting the boost enhancement is enabled.

RPM >
This sets the minimum RPM that the ECU will enable the boost enhancement.

T/P>
When the TPS signal is ABOVE this setting the boost enhancement is enabled.

KPA
When the boost pressure is BELOW this setting the boost enhancement is enabled.

IGN. FIRE
(Ignition Misfiring)

SETTING 00
This selects Ignition misfire sequence
Fire Fire Miss Fire Fire Miss Fire Fire.

SETTING 01
Selects Ignition misfire sequence
Fire Miss Fire Miss Fire Miss Fire Miss.

SETTING 02
Selects Ignition misfire sequence
Miss Miss Fire Miss Miss Fire Miss Miss.

NOTE: In Twin turbo installations, the engines firing order must be studied before deciding on the setting of Ign. Fire.

FUEL TRIM
This will change fuel injected + % of what would normally be injected. Normally + %.

John Reed

Supramania Contributor
Mar 23, 2007
Portland, OR
hottscennessey;992352 said:
I'm having trouble getting my anti-lag setup properly.. seems whatever setting I try, the exhaust tone just changes and the turbo won't build boost.

Could I get some recommendations on the settings?

EMS: Stinger

Turn on above RPM: ____
Turn on above TPS: ___%
Turn off above PSI: ___
Ignition Miss sequence: _ (*see below)
Fuel Trim: __%
Ignition Trim: __%

Turn on above RPM: Set to your launch rpm (depends on a lot of things) but probably 4500-5500

Turn on above TPS: Probably 50% or higher, again adjust to suit

Turn off above PSI: I would set this up out of the way myself, and regulate boost on the anti-lag with my other settings. I wouldn't want it turning the anti-lag on/off during the launch process.

Ignition Miss sequence: Again, just pick the one that suits your setup. Doesn't hurt anything to try them.

Fuel Trim: Usually none is needed

Ignition Trim: Adjust to the negative to achieve the boost you want on anti-lag. Start with zero to see what it does on just the ign cut. Adjust in small increments till you hit the boost you want. Things really start to light off when you get into the 15-20 ATDC timing area.

Hope that helps!