rebuilding turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkihead

driven to thrill
Jul 23, 2005
texas
I've got some spare time and 2 spare turbos. I want to rebuild them both for the learning experience. one is going to be a stock rebuild, the other a 50 or 57 trim. the problem~ is the p/n for the 57 trim 30377t/ 50 trim 30375t by turbonetics?

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
I am not sure if you are making a statement or asking a question, I would try to reword what you wrote...

you are saying the Part Number for the 57 trim is 30377t
and the Part Number for the 50 trip is 30375t then you have a question mark?...

Are you asking if that is correct.

If so I would check with turbonetics directly to guarantee a correct answer.

What type of turbos are you rebuilding...

I assume turbonetics, but can you make your question a little more clear.

monkihead

driven to thrill
Jul 23, 2005
texas
sorry, I plan on rebuilding a ct-26 to a 50 trim on one and 57 for another. would those be the proper p/n's for the ct-26's shaft?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
1) Do you have the proper machinery to bore out the compressor housing?

2) Do you have the proper machinery to balance the rotating assembly to 100,000 rpm?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
monkihead;918492 said:
yes, I do. if its that hard to get an answer, then lock this thread.

I'm sorry, what's that? If you're a dick then close the thread?

No need to come off like that. Admit it, someone shows up and asks a specific question like that, without any supporting details, what exactly are we supposed to think?

My suggestion - Call Turbonetics. 805-581-0333

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Good luck calling Crap-o-netics.

I hope you know how to make a 3 angle contour external radius.

Oh, forgot to mention - might want to check into your local VSR balancing shop because with out it, your guy on the Heinz style balancing machine is going to shoot you matching a Garrett 57 Trim wheel with a Ct26 turbine.

Don't be such a putz next time k?

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
monkihead;874132 said:
sorry, I plan on rebuilding a ct-26 to a 50 trim on one and 57 for another. would those be the proper p/n's for the ct-26's shaft?

...BUT WAIT THERES MORE!

There are no Garrett wheels that match or "fit" the Ct26 shaft.

Its an odd ball in the shaft world. Its metric, and theres not really any thing out there that fits it straight out of the box.

You'll need to indicate in a compressor wheel below .001" runout or less and ream the bore out....

Have fun!

monkihead

driven to thrill
Jul 23, 2005
texas
There are no Garrett wheels that match or "fit" the Ct26 shaft

was it that hard to type? - don't get me wrong, thanks for the answer.

I hope you know how to make a 3 angle contour external radius

were you born with this knowledge? probably not, you've learned this - something others can do to.

I'm sorry to come off as an @ssho!e, but in San Antonio no one will touch a turbo. The people here - at least my customers - prefer working with people in town. They don't have much confidence in mail order or ebay.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
monkihead;919519 said:
I'm sorry to come off as an @ssho!e, but in San Antonio no one will touch a turbo. The people here - at least my customers - prefer working with people in town. They don't have much confidence in mail order or ebay.

That's very special and all, but please - have a little respect when you go out to another and ask their help/knowledge.

Common courtesy, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.