Rebuilding Engine Harness: Tips or Tricks?? Sequential Fuel Injection on ECU Masters?

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Hello All,

I am going to be rebuilding my engine harness on my 87 Supra with the 7mGTE motor very soon. I am almost done breaking in the fully rebuilt motor and currently everything is as it would come OEM. I bought every connector I can get my hands on from yota connectors and I have a ECU Masters standalone ready to install with the PNP harness. So far I have the wideband wiring ready to go but would like to hear from others if their is any tips, tricks or advice when rebuilding the engine harness before I dig more into it?

I also want to wire it up for sequential fuel injection with 1200cc mitsu low independence injectors, remove the factory igniter and wire in a e85 flex fuel sensor that sits near the intake manifold side. Any tips or advice for this also?

Thank you.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Re: Rebuilding Engine Harness: Tips or Tricks?? Sequential Fuel Injection on ECU Mast

Other than the feel-good of seq injection it's not really needed if you have nice flow matched injectors. Short of putting a WB in each bank or EGT there's no way to tune for the differences without getting the injectors flow tested. Even after testing it's hard to adjust it perfectly. All I care is that they are within 2% of each other and I keep the tune rich enough that it doesn't matter.

For tips, I recommend reading and following this.

https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/wiring_ecu.html

I also use the crimpers from cycle terminal and got all my terminals there. I added other terminals to make things easier like any sensors that I used

Concentric twisting is one of the biggest things I wish I did. My harness is stiff because I untwisted it (stock harness) .

Alother place for expensive but easy to navigate is www.wirecare.com

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Re: Rebuilding Engine Harness: Tips or Tricks?? Sequential Fuel Injection on ECU Mast

Thanks Zazzn for the tips, there is some good information on that site I will use.