Rears?

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
How can i get to my rear speakers. I cant get to them because the grill on top. I was guessing they would just pop off like the fronts but when I tried the whole panel seemed to want to break off, so I stoped. Im not sure if I have to take the whole thing appart or just take a screwdriver to it.:dunno:

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
mattman;1030261 said:
How can i get to my rear speakers. I cant get to them because the grill on top. I was guessing they would just pop off like the fronts but when I tried the whole panel seemed to want to break off, so I stoped. Im not sure if I have to take the whole thing appart or just take a screwdriver to it.:dunno:

take off the rear cover for the trunk that goes across the back... ya know that thing that make that really neat sound when you let go and it rolls back up lol sry i had to say it. after that there is one screw on each side where the trunk cover clips in. you take those out then they just pop off.

good luck

tok

Jun 12, 2008
NJ
as i mentioned in another post, i used a heated screwdriver to melt through the plastic above the speaker to get at the screws and to release the OEM speaker. replaced them with polks.