Rear sway bar bushing bracket.

80083r

So the bracket that clamps the rear sway bar bushings to the frame broke on my car, and I'm looking for a replacement. I've been able to find bushings, but I need the bracket that clamps them on.

Is there any other bracket that's the same size, or do I need to fab my own? I design and fabricate things for a living, so I can do it, but I'd much rather an existing solution.

Of course, I'm still on a budget, so (cheap/fast/good - pick 2) I'd like a balance between good and cheap. I need to replace the bushings at the same time, slightly stiffer than stock would be good, but not racing hard - it's a sunday spirited cruiser.

Right now I have taken the rear sway bar off the car, the end links were cracked too (plastic? really?) so an economical replacement for those would be nice also.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The plastic endlinks were used because the early models (with metal endlinks) had a nasty habit of ripping the tab off the control arm.

Dunno where you'd get the metal piece, but you could always just upgrade the sway bars...

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
I figured I would give this thread a bump instead of making a new one:

I am changing out my rear sway bar bushings to the Energy bushings and I noticed one of my brackets for the rear is cracked on the mounting tab and is unusable. Does anyone know of a good new aftermarket replacement for the OEM rear swaybar?

Thanks.