rear suspension

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
I have a rear suspension fetish.For example,i love when i see the 86 and 87 300 z's that their rear cambers at an angle,meaning that the top of the rear tires cave in and the bottom of the tires stick out.is that for cornering because it looks good.I thier a way to set my rear cambers on my 7mge like that.how much would it be?

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
So you want more rear camber? Or you want to know how to get more rear camber? Or you want to know if you should run more rear camber?

You can adjust rear camber with the rear lower arms. There are eccentric bolts that will allow you to push out the rear wheels a little. I don't know how much they will adjust, but if it's not enough, then you will need aftermarket arms.

And running a lot of rear camber is not a good idea. You should run a little, but how much depends on spring rates and ride height and what you're doing with the car.

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
Wiisass;1004182 said:
So you want more rear camber? Or you want to know how to get more rear camber? Or you want to know if you should run more rear camber?

You can adjust rear camber with the rear lower arms. There are eccentric bolts that will allow you to push out the rear wheels a little. I don't know how much they will adjust, but if it's not enough, then you will need aftermarket arms.

And running a lot of rear camber is not a good idea. You should run a little, but how much depends on spring rates and ride height and what you're doing with the car.
the bolts to adjust are the ones with the mesurement meter lines around the bolt?

ideal98supra

Feb 14, 2008
Hialeah, FL
yes, those are the ones. But remember more rear camber will cause more tire wear on the inside of the tire. Also, you might not want to run too much rear camber if your suspension is not equipped to do. You will experience less traction under acceleration and your car might start wandering when you are driving due to the rear tires following undulations in the road your fronts do not.

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
ideal98supra;1005267 said:
yes, those are the ones. But remember more rear camber will cause more tire wear on the inside of the tire. Also, you might not want to run too much rear camber if your suspension is not equipped to do. You will experience less traction under acceleration and your car might start wandering when you are driving due to the rear tires following undulations in the road your fronts do not.
cool,i don't wana create to much negative camber.just enuff that i can notice.Thanks for your time and advice.:icon_razz

DegreE

Banned
Jan 11, 2008
Memphis & Miami
What suspension set-up are you currently running on the car?

If its still stock, don't do it... it will look stupid at stock height.

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
DegreE;1005316 said:
What suspension set-up are you currently running on the car?

If its still stock, don't do it... it will look stupid at stock height.
The person who had the car before me had it lowered.it's only 2 inches from the top of the tire.