really weird boost problem

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
Hi

I drive my car periodically, while I'm away it just sits in the garage. When I came back home recently, i realized that it doesnt boost as hard as it normally does, it runs great, but the boost feels weak and the car runs rough and sounds rough (if i could describe it i would say it sounds like sandpaper if that makes any sense whatsoever). After i boost, the car loses a lot of power and response and takes a while for it to become normal again.

I feel like its something small. but I don't know where to start looking. I feel like it could be anything, but probably a sensor?

its a 7mgte with a 57 trim.

Thanks!

Michael

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
oh so i did a little more playing around, whenever i boost and get the engine hot, it sounds like preignition....im going to see if my timing belt jumped a tooth or something. i used to be able to run to 13 psi, but now i reach a really slow 10 psi.

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
Poodles;1924669 said:
How long has it been sitting? Ethanol is a bitch if it sits (and it's in all our gasses now :( )

two weeks but i left it with barely any gas left in it and filled it up with 91. I took out my spark plugs, and they were super white and overheated looking =(. So i switched to the NGK 4644's but it didnt seem to help much. I have a wideband (although its a JAW (a DIY wideband) and idk how reliable) nothing is running lean....there is some oil splash against the back of the block where the exhaust manifold is. Can oil cause preigintion? because i really don't know why its suddenly knocking.

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
anyone?

I decided to check codes, idk why i didnt think of this earlier, got 12 and 13, gonna check coils and cps

Last edited: