Re-wiring/replacing factory splices in factory harness

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
I bought 500 ft of 16 gauge Tefzel, in addition to the ~100 ft I had lying around and ~50 feet of shielded two conductor I bought for the ignition stuff and the CPS. I'm in the process of sourcing the few connectors and pins that aren't obvious, I've got some stuff from mouser coming that I can try or send back. Anyways, there's quite a few wires in the factory harness that have splices in them (wire for the starter relay, B+, Ox, E2, etc etc) and I'm not sure which route to take to re-doing these wires.

I don't like the idea of making a splice mid-wire and soldering it there. I sort of like the idea of using a splice terminal (like the ones at the very bottom of the page: http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/El...en_barrel.html ) but that's not a continuous run of wire from beginning to end like I'd prefer. I could try and crimp two wires into a terminal in each connector but I doubt that'd work.

I know there's a few members on here who are obsessive about mil-spec/code/have worked in aviation before so I'm curious as to what other members' preferences would be.

Thanks!