Re-Cap the Portland PacNW Supranationals.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I just wanted to post I had a great time, missed the final show (I'm under the weather, and had to drive back here to Boise, then fly out to Denver for the week. so I'm sorry I missed it.)

Everything was a blast.
Dyno
Drive
Drags
The Karts and searching out the food.... (Subway and the Mexican food too.)

Best part was obviously meeting Supra owners in person. (People you "know" from here, but really don't have a face attached to the avatar.)

Thanks PacNW Supra owners, and I'll see you guys in Vegas:)

bkma71

supra coupe
Jun 7, 2005
troutdale, Oregon
Great event. Nicely organized Joe thanks..

Dyno was great to watch and I was really tempted to get on there but not this time.
Cruise was awesome despite the few minor set backs.
Karting looked like was fun I would have got in if it were the actual shifter karts to bad.
Drag had great attendence and got myself a new best time of 13.7@100
Show n shine Although I didnt attend Im sure was awesome

Deffintly nice meeting lots of people and hope we have another great event soon

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I had a great time, met a bunch of interesting people. I don't think I ran into Adjuster, which is too bad, I'd love to meet you!

I have a crapload of photos that I'll be posting shortly. And a video of becauseican trying to light the bushes outside of HPF on fire with his 1J exhaust!

Highlights that I recall offhand:
- becauseican fireball
- HPF throwing nitrous into the air intake on the dyno
- Cruising on the historic drive was awesome
- The Mark 1 Supra

Not much carnage... Michelle got a flat, and Tejon (Tijon? I'm spelling phonetically) blew up something...

Holy crap it was hot on Sunday.

Thanks Joe for all the work into the meet, it was great!

PS: You should all come up to Kelowna, BC, for the Suprafest meet in the middle of August. ;)

JoeThaMan

*THE* Man
Apr 10, 2005
www.jtm-enterprises.net
This is a repost from Supraforums, but I know some of you don't go there..

First, I would like to say one thing.. I'm BEAT!

This was an awesome weekend and I had a blast. It was great seeing all the cars and all the people. There were a lot of old and new faces, and I'm sure there were many I didn't get a chance to meet.

Friday, the dyno day, was a mellow start to the weekend. Not many problems so everything went smoothly. It was off to a slow start, but once the cars started arriving, you could tell the PacNW Supras were going to be out in force for the weekend.

Saturday started out pretty rough, but the turnout was awesome. The first wrench was thrown in when we found out there was a parade going on on the same street as the historic highway begins. I didn't get to enjoy the cruise because I didn't want to leave any supras behind, so I went back to see if I could help out since we lost Michelle, Seth, Larry, and Duane. Michelle had a flat tire, and Larry split an intercooler pipe. We stopped at a gas station and the attendant gave us horrible directions to the tire shop. Michelle, Duane, and Seth went ahead, and I followed larry since he couldn't seem to drive over 15mph. After that point it was playing hide and seek since we had completely lost them. We finally found them, but by that time it was time ot head to Pat's acres for some carting. After that point everything went pretty smoothly. The biggest thing I was worried about was the Drags, but I received no complaints. I encouraged everyone to get there early to get more runs in.

Friday was pretty relaxing. Kiarash did a great job feeding everyone, like always. If you'd like to send him your appreciation you can email him at kjabery@horsepowerfreaks.com. It was sad to see everyone go in the end, and that there's such a large gap of time between these meets. Although this event is stressful to set up, it is very rewarding in the end to see everyone leave with a smile on their face. I even had someone say "Because of this I'm going to have a perma-grin for a week now!"

I would also like to thank Champion Gulf Toyota for their generous donation of prizes for the raffle. I was very suprised by the amount of items they send, and allowed everyone to receive something at the raffle. If you are looking for Toyota or TRD parts, they are an excellent source for both. They offer 20% to 30% off on OEM parts (ask for Jeff Watson) and are the top importers of TRD parts and chances are they would be the fastest way to get any TRD parts that are not on the shelf elsewhere. I'm sure they would appreciate any good words, you can email them at tsowell@toyotaworld.com.

Baxter Auto parts also deserves a big thank-you for allowing us to use the old Performance Warehouse location for the BBQ and Show-N-Shine and donating a few items for the raffle. Baxters has several locations in OR and some in WA, Including Centralia and Tacoma. I had set up a dealer account for the PacNW Supras under "Pacific NW Supra Owners". You can see if they have a location near you at www.baxterautoparts.com.

Thanks to Horsepowerfreaks for the 2 SILV DVD's and T-Shirts for the raffle. I'm sure all of you know them, I saw plenty of HPF Shirts (new and old).. Keep support our local companies..www.horsepowerfreaks.com.

Edit: I would like to apologize if the original comments about HPF sounded a little negative which was not my intention. A fellow member brought it to my attention and questioned if I had any problems with HPF, which I do not. They're a great group of people.

The biggest thank you would have to go out to everyone that showed up. Without you there would be no meet. This meet can only get bigger and better every year. I'm sure if everyone that came this year made the commitment to go the following years, and all the new people that attend in these coming years made the same commitment, this meet could become enormous, with the possibility of competing with texas, and possibly Vegas.

Grimjack- I'd love to make it in august but between my first mortgage payment coming up in August and wedding in mid August (Got Married at SILV 04 but having a "wedding").

Last edited:

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Wow, what a weekend!!! With just a couple of lowspots; i:e Michelle's flat tire, and Sidewayz clutch fork breaking, it was awesome! Thanks to Joe Schesso, and all the guy's @ Torque Freaks, and HP freaks for being totally patient with all us guy's with small tuning issues. Thanks also to Baxters Auto Parts, Champion Toyota, and everyone else who made it all possible, by their hard work and love of the Toyota Supra. Big shout out to Kiarash, (HP Freaks "chef extrodinairre") for great eats on Sunday! Dyno for my car was better than I expected; 304whp/291rwt, that was on about 13.9 lbs. of boost, untuned... so I know she's got more potential! Best time at the drags was; ET=14.13 and 102.82mph trap, just didn't happen on the same pass! All and all, fantastic weekend that I'll be talkin' about for a long time! Great to see all the representation by PNW Supra's and there great owners. Can't wait till next year! :biggrinbo

P.S How's about Heidi Haley's 387 rwt in her MkIII!!! Holy Shittttt!!!(280 something hp)
Tom Breeze
91T Red Mica Sunroof

Last edited:

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
I was glad to meet some people face to face finally.

Adjuster - can't wait to see new numbers with tuning and a bigger turbo eventually
Grimjack - I was impressed quite a few guys from BC made the drive down
Duane - Good to see the car running well. Pulls like a SOB at the track

-Got to see BIC's car up close.

Finally got to see Matt at the track with with something like a 11.5 best run

Tim R of Torquefreaks was running 10.6's all night at 135 with his mk4 -

Big props to both since those cars showed up the same as they do on the street. 18" drag radials are definately the way to go.

Some people had a hard time figuring out who I was, since my white Supra is getting some body work done and I was driving my brothers Black Supra. Hopefully I'll get mine back soon. If I didn't meet anyone individually, I was driving Keith around during the scenic drive so I got to stop ahead of the group and snap a few pics as you all drove by.

Kevin

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Joe, almost forgot, but still will get you that chair :)

Grim, I think I met you. (You had your wife with you right?) It's you if your the guy living in the very expensive house... LOL

I'm going to be back in Portland in a few weeks for some classes, and I totally forgot to pay Keith for the road course in Vegas.... Dang it.

JoeThaMan

*THE* Man
Apr 10, 2005
www.jtm-enterprises.net
Adjuster said:
Joe, almost forgot, but still will get you that chair :)

Grim, I think I met you. (You had your wife with you right?) It's you if your the guy living in the very expensive house... LOL

I'm going to be back in Portland in a few weeks for some classes, and I totally forgot to pay Keith for the road course in Vegas.... Dang it.

Hey, it's no problem. I think everybody forgot a bit of something. I forgot to pay Torquefreaks the remaining balance on the dyno day for those that prepaid....haha..;)

no worries on the chair. When you know when you're going to be back in portland drop me a PM, maybe we can gather some supra guys up.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Heh... that's my cousin, she lives down there and lent me a place to sleep. My wife was at home with the grommet. You must have been the Mk3 with Idaho plates, I'm guessing... I remember the car, but the driver's face eludes me.

Yes, I am the guy with the expensive house. I'm not entirely happy about that, either. ;)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Thanks Kevin and people of the board. I had a great time. Too bad I didn't have some traction. LOL It was still fun though. Car runs better now though since my alt took a dump.

Got to go to the Kelown meet guys. Kevin? Come on dude, we know you like to drive. Bring some others as well.

Duane

PS: Lets go to the Kelowna meet people

OH! PS: Kelowna meet? LOL

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Just looked up where Kelowna is, and if I can spare the time, I might come up for the meet. When in August was it again? (Dates exactly, and what are the plans?)

Someone was saying you need a passport to travel now? If that's the case, I don't think I'm going to make it.

I used to live down in Moses Lake, WA, and travel up to Okanagan and Wenatchee from time to time. (Costco was in Wenatchee.) It does not look like Kelowna is much further North, and that's great country to drive around in.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
You don't really need a passport but you will need a birth certificate for sure. It would be either one of those ID's.

Duane

Got to come as it will be fun! Hey that rimes :aigo: