Radio unit code lost, suggestions?

-jdmmk3-

slip n slideeee
Mar 23, 2006
: las vegass :
whats up SM i have a really quick question

- my stock deck in my car does work but i do not know the code and my dad is no longer here with me and he was the only one who knew the code is there anyway to unlock it ?

-jdmmk3-

slip n slideeee
Mar 23, 2006
: las vegass :
i have a 1990 mk3 the stock deck i have is the one that came cd and tape player , Also when i turn the key to acc the radio reads "sec" which im pretty sure means, security and i was wondering if anyone knows a way to unlock this code

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
I think he's trying to install a deck from another car, some factory decks, have codes that you need before it will opereate, Honda has a "anti thief code", that you press the numbers on the face plate, so it will work. This wasn't stock for the Mkiii of course.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
-jdmmk3-;1237749 said:
i have a 1990 mk3 the stock deck i have is the one that came cd and tape player , Also when i turn the key to acc the radio reads "sec" which im pretty sure means, security and i was wondering if anyone knows a way to unlock this code
There should be a "code tag" that comes with the car when you buy the car new. Or maybe dealer might know.

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
I tried and tries when I got my car never could figure it out, i just got an aftermarket.
I still got the stock unit, want it? lol

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Young people = Deck
Older people = Radio, head unit, stereo.

As for unlocking it GL. If you some how you still have the tag that came with the owners manual for the code to unlock it form 18 years ago press in the code. Other wise your going to have to call toyota and ask them if there is a way.