Radiator Hose by the firewall

kewlcoconut

Nov 14, 2005
Vancouver BC. Canada
Hoping I can get some help from fellow supra owners here. Heres the problem. I have a small dripping leak from the radiator hose by the firewall. Now I have no idea what the correct name for the hose is, or the part number, which I'm hoping to find out so I can replace it.

The hose connects to the radiator flush cap from the bottom (by the firewall), and it is more than a 90degree bend, sort of a half "snorkel"...haha. worst description ever eh?...Anyways, hoping someone can shed some light on the name/part number so I can replace it, since I cant find it.....thanks

Kyle

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Can you be more specific? There are two small water lines that run INTO the firewall for the heater core, but it sound slike youre talking about the lower radiator hose, does it connect to the radiator and then to the engine? I dont know what you mean by coolant flush cap.

kewlcoconut

Nov 14, 2005
Vancouver BC. Canada
GrimJack;929503 said:
I suspect that you need either this one: 16282-42010 from this page: http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291420/catalog.aspx?F=1603&P=2

Or this one: 87245-1B251 from this page: http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291420/catalog.aspx?F=8716&P=1

damn, fast responses haha thanks guys.

well the first link grimjack, isnt it.
although the second one IS from the area i'm talking about. it seems like it is part #87245E but looks different...you know what, I'm gonna go take a picture to solve all of this. (should have done this in the first place lol)....will upload asap...thanks guys

kewlcoconut

Nov 14, 2005
Vancouver BC. Canada
alright, here is the pic of the hose....it looks like that one you mentioned, but a little diff at the same time.....

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
thats definately #87245E, but that red inline valve is not stock. It looks like someone chopped the coolant line and put that valve in between for reasons i dont know. You cannot buy only that little section youl have to buy the hose on both sides of the red thing because its supposed to be 1 piece.

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
to me it looks like a mechanic cut and put a splicer on it to flush the system. my is very similiar just on a different hose. but yeah you have to buy both sides. i would think that if you went to autozone or something, it wouldn't be more that like 10-15 bucks.

kewlcoconut

Nov 14, 2005
Vancouver BC. Canada
yea see i was wondering that...ever since i have had this car, the coolant line has looked like that. so maybe the previous owner did that. I always thought that was how it looked. so that picture totally threw me off. but now i have confirmation on the part #, so I can order it. thanks guys.