R154 rear tail houseing yoke bushing

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Well turns out I getting some leakage from my rear out put shaft seal and I am thinking that my yoke bushing is worn out

now the question is, can this be changed with the trans in the car and removed with slide hammer and install with a bushing driver

or do i have to pull the tail housing off

thanks

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
ya I thinking it's part of the tail houseing

some thing got to keep that shaft steady and the breaing retainer plate is pretty far away so it makes em wounder i am no trans guy thous why I asked

that whould be shitty if i had to replace the tail hoseing :nono:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
hvyman;1738872 said:
Is the seal new?

yes it is

second one I popped in

see there are 2 or 3 things that come to mine

the housing keeps it tight haveing an oil wedge keeping it from touching

or all the aliment is form the retainer plate and snap rings

my splined stub shaft is shorter then reg drive shaft but like mabye 1/4

DJ Aranda

7M-G(T)E Builder
Apr 24, 2012
Tennessee
There is a bushing, you'd have to go to the Toyota dealer to order it.. Part# 90999-73105 (W58). Best thing is that it only costs around $15.. Worst thing is that you need to drop the tranny (unless you really want to pull it out and put that lil thing in under your Supra...) The trouble you'd go through replacing it while under your car would make just dropping the tranny look soooo much easier. Well, hope the # helped. IDK if the part# is the same for the R154 or the 4 speed automatic. If all else fails, check at the dealer. Might cost a lil more, but you end up saving a lot of time, and you know you've got a good part.

Last edited:

DJ Aranda

7M-G(T)E Builder
Apr 24, 2012
Tennessee
IMAG_0200.jpgIMAG_0201.jpg

If you take your driveshaft out, you can pop out the seal (which you will then have to replace) and look around the tailshaft, you will see those oil grooves like in the bushing I just got. So now you generally know where this thing is in the tranny.. Fun part is getting it out. Good luck. (Remember, this part number is for a W58 transmission, I'm sure of this much.. However it MAY be the same for a R154.. The best advice I can give is check with your local Toyota dealer.. Not "Poodles" ^^^)