R154 clutch for moderate-high TQ and hard use?

I currently have a singled 2JZ and an ACT 6-puck spring clutch with the HD pressure plate (TS2-HDG6) and it holds fine driving around doing pulls on sticky tires at low and high boost (~350 rwtq and ~400 rwtq). However, I welded two of the six pucks badly to both my flywheel and pressure plate at a small parking lot drift event the first time out. :nono:

I've come to the conclusion that clutch kicking generates too much heat for my current clutch, and that I need something with better heat dissipation and probably more clamping load in case I up the boost later on. What are some high-abuse R154 clutches with a 500-600 rwtq capacity? Do I need to go twin disc? By the time I spend $2000 on a twin disc for the R154 (Which might fail in some other way at those levels with hard use) I might as well consider going V160.

What is everyone using for R154s that see hard use (drag launches, drifting, track use) and has it worked out for you?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Were you slipping the clutch a lot? I haven't seen someone do that to a flywheel with the ACT six puck, usually it will slip before that happens.

HPF makes a Feramic disk that is specifically for drag and constant passes. I just sold one, it cost a pretty penny but gets the job done.

Everything fine on free play adjustment?

V160 is not a hard swap, just a lot of work and worth it if you are going for really high HP and constant hard launching.

No slipping, and free play as within spec. I'm more concerned about the cost of a twin disc or V160 than anything else... at this point I might as well have saved up for a MKIV haha. Kind of hoping there's some magical single disc I haven't heard about that people have had success with.