R-154 Tranny Questions??

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
Hey Fella's
I got a 7mgte-5sp[r154]

This week ima be changeing my Throw-out bearing,CLutch,Pressure plate, do to that fact that when i depress the clutch. I get a wineing noise, and when i press the clutch the wineing noise goes away.This is the throw-out correct??
While i have the tranny out i was gonna chagne the clutch/Pressure plate. what kind of clutch should i get and from where?? Im not gonna go past 400hp anytime soon so i dont want anything over the top. I heard that some clutch kits come with the throw-out bearing is this true?? Is there anything else i should change while i have the tranny on the floor??

Thanx

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
okay so i did some research and i see some clutch kits come with a Alignment tool and the throw-out bearing...but does anybody have a damm Stage 1 lol i really dont wanna put a stock clutch in there a again

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
Most clutch kits come with a throw-out bearing. And I would recommend changing out all your washers and clips for they wear out over time. I've always gone with the stock clutch for the r154. They always seem to work for me. Though I've had my transmission out more than I drive my car. And uh i've never used the alignment tool except for the w58.