Quick Boost Controller Question

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
I can't find anywhere where the two wire plug goes on the boost controller solenoid, i have the one that comes with the the Maft Pro. I know where the the air lines go, but cant find info where to plug it in. thanks in advance.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
one end of the harness plugs into the solenoid (where the air lines go), then run it through the firewall and plug it into the maftpro unit

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
could you help me out on what end, and where to the harness, i'm a lil bit lost, doens't cover it all in the manual, just covers the air plumbing

i see you went oil filter relocation, i wanna do a similar setup to yours, doing the na-t conversion and stock gte housing, cooler and filter setup doesn't seem adequate for me, please indulge if you will.

Last edited:

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
im assuming you bought the maft pro kit with boost control... correct?
if so it should have come with the maft pro unit, boost control solenoid, main harness (big connector on one side and loose wires on the other.... this should be soldiered to the appropriate ecu wiring), and the boost control harness (one plug on each end). if you got the speed density option, there should be two other harnesses similar to the boost control harness.

please confirm the exact maftpro kit you have including whether or not you have speed density, wideband tracking, etc. also if you can, take a picture of everything layed out.

-pete

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
yes
i have the speed density too, the plug and play harness for that(6 pin)
main harness(10 pin)
and i have the eight pin harness (wich they labeled "splice in, boost control harness, but it only has one loose wire coming off it, wich i have now modified for the timing control.

thanks, i'm not worried about splicing anything if you could tell me where the boost controller solenoid is supposed to be wire too, thanks again.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
the boost control harness should just plug into the solenoid and the other end into the maftpro... im not sure what the problem is.
if i remember correctly, that loose wire (purple) can be used for aux 1. i have mine hooked up to the vf signal.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
for the 8 pin boost control harness, one end goes in the solenoid and the other goes to the maftpro as shown in the diagram. the loose purple wire gets connected to the vf signal on the ecu harness.... not sure which wire it is. youll have to look that up