Quick ? About Getting videos.

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
I haven't done much with video cameras on the pc. Have taken a few Cell phone video files and converted them to .avi. How would I go about getting video from a video camera that uses a tape onto my pc. What would I need to capture the data. Could I use my geforce video card? I have alot of videos of my almost stock supra raping turbocharged hondas and spanking a few domestic v8's.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
You need a video card with a video in coax port. Run the video signal from the camera to the video in port on the PC, and the sound from the headphone port on the camera to the microphone input on the PC.

Then you need something like ULead Video Studio to pull in your videos and edit them.

Milenko

Mar 31, 2005
Mifflinville, PA
Unless you have a camera that has a firewire port on it in which case you can use firewire on your computer to get the video and audio together.

Otherwise you'll need to do it as GrimJack described, however I would not use a coax connection and the quality will not be that great. Most camcorders have a video out that will either be composite video or s-video. Either of these will give a better quality recording.