question on ebay exhaust manifold

ae86ma70

Jul 24, 2008
Atlanta
Got7mgte;1274119 said:
looking to buy a new manifold,this is the one im looking at on ebay.my car has a stock 3" exhaust and i dont know whether this will work with my car... any ideas will help ,thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Raci...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Yeah, I've been looking for a SS manifold for an upgrade. That looks like a replacement for the stock cast manifold, but very little info is given with respect to the flange size. IMO, it looks similar to the one that I am planning to get for my T04 upgrade, but then again it might not even be a picture of what they are selling. I don't see any point in changing the manifold for a stock turbo setup.

ft413

learner
Sep 23, 2008
EL
i would look keep looking ive seen better ones on ebay. try to get one with the 321 stainless steel( its better quality). Also thats a t4 manifold not a stock replacement. just letting you know

ae86ma70

Jul 24, 2008
Atlanta
ft413;1337477 said:
i would look keep looking ive seen better ones on ebay. try to get one with the 321 stainless steel( its better quality). Also thats a t4 manifold not a stock replacement. just letting you know

Pretty sure that 321 (or 3-2-1) refers to the stepped pattern of the manifold, not the actual material used.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
^ wow epic fail

were talking about material quality here not header patterns. this is a turbo manifold not a 4 banger exhaust header

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
ae86ma70;1337490 said:
Pretty sure that 321 (or 3-2-1) refers to the stepped pattern of the manifold, not the actual material used.

321ss is the material grade.... :nono:

Do you work for MRC Motorsorts or is this just another Net wannbe performace entity with no susbstance?

If you do work for them why don't you know about common stainless grades used in performance header?

If it's just a wank in your sig please tell us so people don't actually listen to your "knowledge and advice" as it's misleading.

We have MANY "BlahblahWank Performance" sigs here any Moron can "say" it in their sig but usually they remove any and all doubt by their 3rd post.