Question about TTR spring rates

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
yhatzee89;2006397 said:
IJ after much deliberation and researching in the direction you pointed me, I've come to the conclusion that I'm gonna not bother with the TTR/JZA70 factory spring and just jump straight to a set of coilover springs and a good quality sleeve kit on a set of new TEMS shocks. If I ever find a set of threaded lower mounts I may revisit the idea, but this setup I think will be ideal for me otherwise, just need to find a set of really good bump stops to ease my mind and I think I'll be set. Thanks for the insight.

That's something I may do as well now that I heard that the TEMS shocks are going to back in production. I will definitely be interested and paying attention to see exactly how you do this

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Ended up goin with the easy fix for the moment

Bilstiens with almost new eibachs for $150, they'll do until I can do like we talked about earlier, at least for now I won't be sitting on eBay springs that suck

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
So I finally decided to tackle this even though my car doesn't even start at the moment. I ended up getting the Moog replacement front bump stops and I'm pretty happy with them, firm but not solid. But I could not find any replacement rear bump stops and the ones that came with the IL2s were pretty old, so I searched and found a set of KYB bump stops that it says is a direct replacement, so I'm giving them a try. The other part I couldn't find was a set of spring isolators for the front, the ones on mine were completely trashed. Found a guy on here that had a part number for a set of KYB isolators that worked great, so for $12 it was worth the try I figured.

Example pics of what I ordered
Moog
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Kyb
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Isolator
sm_photo_missing.jpg